Powershot A3400 IS - Porting thread

• 56 Replies
  • Publish
    Re: Powershot A3400 IS - Porting thread
    « Reply #20 on: 18 / October / 2012, 11:44:38 »
    Advertisements
    Sorry, overlooked that request. Did not see the chdk logo yet. But from the looks of this, we're getting there!

• Publish
    « Reply #21 on: 18 / October / 2012, 11:46:27 »
    One more detail... when I press the normal power button, it always goes to play mode, whether I press long or short. However, when I press the shutter button once the leds blink, the lens extracts and it goes into shooting mode. The programming / settings osd comes up (P, ISO, etc.) and there's movement of some icons. After 2-3secs again, the screen freezes and movement stops (crash?).

Thanks!

Offline nafraf

• Publish
    « Reply #22 on: 18 / October / 2012, 12:03:56 »
    One more detail... when I press the normal power button, it always goes to play mode, whether I press long or short. However, when I press the shutter button once the leds blink, the lens extracts and it goes into shooting mode. The programming / settings osd comes up (P, ISO, etc.) and there's movement of some icons. After 2-3secs again, the screen freezes and movement stops (crash?).
    Well, we still have problems with boot.c  But I can't check it now.

If you can check it, power up detection button is in sub_FF810380_my()

• Publish
    « Reply #23 on: 18 / October / 2012, 17:08:01 »
    i spent quite some time disassembling the firmware and I think I'm up to a point where I have something workable to be able to trace addresses and such.

Error in testing: when the normal pwr button is pressed, it does go to shooting mode. I wasn't aware of the exact delay. Normally "short" is a tap and "long" is about 2 seconds. In this case 4 seconds is the required delay, because that's when lights start blinking. So that does seem to work.

When the OSD is onscreen, it blinks some stuff and is active. 2 seconds later it quits. My expectation is that this is where you'd expect the CHDK splash screen to show up?

Offline nafraf

• Publish
    « Reply #24 on: 31 / October / 2012, 20:11:32 »
    A pre-alpha version for a3400 101a was added to svn trunk but it is not in autobuild.  Testers are needed to continue development.

• Publish
    « Reply #25 on: 26 / January / 2013, 13:10:59 »
    Recently picked up an A3400 as a replacement for my S3, which I used CHDK with extensively. Both builds that I can find "brick" the camera. Popping out the battery resets it.

Offline nafraf

• Publish
    « Reply #26 on: 26 / January / 2013, 13:25:05 »
    What is the firmware version of your a3400?
    http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/ACID

• Publish
    « Reply #27 on: 26 / January / 2013, 13:33:16 »
    101a

Everything is prepped fine, I update the firmware and there is no CHDK screen, the camera just goes black and for all intents and purposes is dead. I've even waited about a minute. ACID also says that there is no version, don't know how accurate that is.

Offline nafraf

• Publish
    « Reply #28 on: 26 / January / 2013, 13:40:29 »
    101a
    That version is not complete. Read post #24 of this thread.

If you can test, send me a private message with a real e-mail address. I'll send you the files.

• Publish
    « Reply #29 on: 26 / January / 2013, 13:42:20 »
    Recently picked up an A3400 as a replacement for my S3, which I used CHDK with extensively. Both builds that I can find "brick" the camera. Popping out the battery resets it.
    The term "brick" usually mean a permanent "dead" condition.  Glad to hear a battery reset gets yours going again.

101a

Everything is prepped fine, I update the firmware and there is no CHDK screen, the camera just goes black and for all intents and purposes is dead. I've even waited about a minute. ACID also says that there is no version, don't know how accurate that is.
    AFAIK, ACID looks for a download on the CHDK autobuild.  At this point,  the A3400 is not released to the autobuild - the alpha code has been saved in the CHDK svn source code repository only until further testing confirms that it works.