Changeset 361 - page 2 - AllBest's Builds - CHDK Forum

Changeset 361

• 19 Replies
Re: Changeset 361
« Reply #10 on: 04 / April / 2008, 06:20:49 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:59:26 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #11 on: 04 / April / 2008, 06:57:05 »
You guys write like crazy. You should apply for a job at the federal court and start making money out of it. You know, typing in real-time people's arguments, discusions etc.

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #12 on: 04 / April / 2008, 07:03:05 »
Might be, I have no idea. It's easy to miss without using converters. Unfortunately, I don't think I can talk to programmers/designers through the helpdesk to inquire about this issue, I do not believe Canon has any place to send in feedback on the firmware and possible bugs at all :p Maybe these forums are the place, I do believe they're reading along to see what brilliant stuff is invented in here.

@wontolla: heh, I can do about 540 keys per secondminute, usually without mistakes. Being used to that just makes typing big chunks of text easy :) Though.. I'd rather use it for programming.
« Last Edit: 04 / April / 2008, 08:06:50 by DataGhost »

« Reply #13 on: 04 / April / 2008, 07:13:46 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:59:51 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #14 on: 04 / April / 2008, 07:19:35 »
Might be, I have no idea. It's easy to miss without using converters. Unfortunately, I don't think I can talk to programmers/designers through the helpdesk to inquire about this issue, I do not believe Canon has any place to send in feedback on the firmware and possible bugs at all :p Maybe these forums are the place, I do believe they're reading along to see what brilliant stuff is invented in here.

the other day i was clicking the "show users online" link @ this forum. turns out a guest had the status of "guest is printing thread xyz", i dont remember the exact thread, though i think it had something to do with firmware dumping & asm code :D
maybe canon is collecting stuff for their lawyers ;)

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #15 on: 04 / April / 2008, 07:22:44 »
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #16 on: 04 / April / 2008, 07:32:01 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:00:19 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #17 on: 04 / April / 2008, 07:36:21 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:00:36 by Barney Fife »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #18 on: 04 / April / 2008, 07:45:52 »
maybe it is time to think about what we actually CAN do when someday one camera manufacturer incorporates a CHDK feature in his cameras. by chdk feature i of course mean features that are unique. maybe they also will have to supply the sourcecode together with their cameras :D i mean, chdk is published under the gpl (if i'm not mistaken). and not only the code itself, but also the functions of the code, are under this license, right?
offtopic, i know

Offline DataGhost

• EOS 40D, S5IS
    • DataGhost.com
« Reply #19 on: 04 / April / 2008, 08:06:31 »
540 keys per second
::)
See? A perfect example of what I was saying. A correctly spelled word, but the wrong one. :) Both "time" related from the same area of the mind. :)
Ummmm. yeah :P

maybe it is time to think about what we actually CAN do when someday one camera manufacturer incorporates a CHDK feature in his cameras. by chdk feature i of course mean features that are unique. maybe they also will have to supply the sourcecode together with their cameras :D i mean, chdk is published under the gpl (if i'm not mistaken). and not only the code itself, but also the functions of the code, are under this license, right?
offtopic, i know
I'm not an expert on GPL, but I believe they only have to show the GPL code they used/modified when asked, not all code in the project. They'd have to supply the source code with the cameras (though probably available for download from their website) but you probably won't see lots of things you've never seen before.