Noob question about RAW - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum  

Noob question about RAW

• 3 Replies
Noob question about RAW
« on: 24 / October / 2012, 09:18:30 »
Advertisements
Hey everybody! I just installed CHKD on my Canon SD600. I'm trying to learn to shoot in RAW format.

I have enabled "SAVE RAW" and also the "DNG Format".

I can load an HDR script and the camera will shoot three RAW photos, as expected. I can then transfer these to my computer through my card reader.

What I can't figure out is how to just take a single RAW photo. Do I need a special script for this? If I load the BASIC script, instead of the HDR script, the camera won't take a photo at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Offline zeno

Re: Noob question about RAW
« Reply #1 on: 24 / October / 2012, 09:46:12 »
Hi Gary

you just need to exit Alt mode. When CHDK is loaded, it's active all the time - ALt mode just lets you change settings and run scripts (by clicking the shutter button). If you exit Alt mode and press the shutter button,  you'll take a photo - you'll find both jpg and dng are created.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 24 / October / 2012, 10:19:39 »
Thank you SOOOO much!!! I just tried it and it worked beautifully. I thought I had to be in ALT mode for any of the chdk features to work.   :D

« Reply #3 on: 24 / October / 2012, 10:34:05 »
I thought I had to be in ALT mode for any of the chdk features to work.
One of the top problems that people struggle with while learning to use CHDK.   I need to think about how to better document it.

Meanwhile,  if you are exploring RAW,  you might want to read through this post :

link> Questions about RAW ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16