Script to Set Shutter and Remote? - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Script to Set Shutter and Remote?

• 5 Replies
Script to Set Shutter and Remote?
« on: 28 / October / 2012, 12:02:36 »
Advertisements
I was wondering if anyone has a script that can modify all of, or some of (or know if it's even possible) settings for shutter speed, ISO, enable remote, enable sync.  I'm trying to create a script that configures the settings.  So, I would set it up once, and then run it many time on many different cameras and all the cameras would have the same settings.  I don't want to run the script every time, I just want to have the script change the settings.

I did look at a lot of the documentation, but could not find the answer.  Maybe I'm missing something obvious.

Thanks.

Re: Script to Set Shutter and Remote?
« Reply #1 on: 28 / October / 2012, 12:09:51 »
I was wondering if anyone has a script that can modify all of, or some of (or know if it's even possible) settings for shutter speed, ISO, enable remote, enable sync.  I'm trying to create a script that configures the settings. .
This is actually a fairly common request from people building multi-camera rigs.   However,  as you discovered,  searching this forum for a particular piece of informaion can be difficult.

I'll look for some links but what you need is a script configured to run when the camera powers up - which CHDK supports.   It can make sure the camera is in shooting mode,  "set" CHDK menu items fairly easily  ( http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Script_commands#set_config_value ) and even set exposure values.  Settting Canon menu items is much more difficult - you basically have to use code to simulate pressing buttons "blindly".

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 28 / October / 2012, 16:41:00 »
If you mean only setting the CHDK settings I guess it's not the best idea to do this with script. Just imagine - you'll need to write the script, put in all cameras and then run on all of them. IHMO better way is to set all the things on one camera and just copy the setting file (CCHDK.CFG or something like that). Less work:)

But as waterwingz said for Canon settings it would need more effort...
if (2*b || !2*b) {
    cout<<question
}

Compile error: poor Yorick

« Reply #3 on: 29 / October / 2012, 05:06:46 »
waterwingz - Thanks for the link.

outslider - Thanks, I like your suggestion, it sound easy.  Easy is always good. :)  I'll give it a try.

« Reply #4 on: 29 / October / 2012, 09:36:52 »
If you mean only setting the CHDK settings I guess it's not the best idea to do this with script. Just imagine - you'll need to write the script, put in all cameras and then run on all of them. IHMO better way is to set all the things on one camera and just copy the setting file (CCHDK.CFG or something like that). Less work:)
outslider - Thanks, I like your suggestion, it sound easy.  Easy is always good. :)  I'll give it a try.
The file you want is CCHDK2.CFG in the CHDK folder on your SD card.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #5 on: 30 / October / 2012, 22:45:05 »
Coping and pasting the CCHDK2.CFG file works great.