SX50 HS porting thread - page 35 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

SX50 HS porting thread

• 350 Replies
Re: SX50 HS porting thread
« Reply #340 on: 19 / April / 2015, 09:25:18 »
Advertisements
CHDK developers put additional things there almost every time a new feature is added.
Can you still explain how to do it?
Well,  I already pointed you to the source code and I really don't want to explain all of that.

To add a variable so that it gets saved in the SD card config files,  I believe that you only need two changes.

Add the new variable to the end of :
  • the Conf structure definition in  include/conf.h
  • one of conf_info[ ], osd_conf_info[ ],  gps_conf_info[ ] or user_menu_conf_info[ ] structures using the supplied CONF_INFO macro

After that,  you can reference your new variable as a member of the conf structure.

I didn't test this and the forum is kind of quiet right now so I''m not sure if anyone else will catch something I missed or not.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #341 on: 23 / April / 2015, 04:49:58 »
It seems there are still bugs:

1) In DOF the value Av always shows 3.5 (in mode MF)

2) In the "Canon Subj. Dist. as Near Limit" shows some garbage.

Looked (core/shooting.c) function shooting_get_subject_distance_():
int shooting_get_subject_distance_()
{
   if (!conf.dof_subj_dist_as_near_limit) return shooting_get_canon_subject_distance();
   else return shooting_get_far_limit_f(shooting_get_canon_subject_distance(),
                                         shooting_get_min_real_aperture(),
                                         get_focal_length(lens_get_zoom_point()));
}
Shouldn't it be:
else return shooting_get_near_limit_f...
???
« Last Edit: 23 / April / 2015, 15:25:29 by Malysh-ok »
Camera is SX50hs

« Reply #342 on: 12 / May / 2015, 13:26:05 »
Video stops after 27 minutes though I have choosen "Video without timelimit" in the CHDK-settings - is this a bug? I need this function so bad! :/

Has this something to do with the "override-setting" - has this to be set on yes or no?

« Reply #343 on: 12 / May / 2015, 14:03:43 »
Video will stop when the file size hits 4G regardless of the time taken. Nothing you can do about that.

« Reply #344 on: 12 / May / 2015, 15:54:54 »
Video will stop when the file size hits 4G regardless of the time taken. Nothing you can do about that.

MagicLantern will automatically start the recording again - I thought CHDK will do the same? Why does the recording not start again automatically?

SX50 HS porting thread
« Reply #345 on: 12 / May / 2015, 15:57:53 »
There is a good CHDK script that will do that for you.  Magic Lantern does not support scripting AFAIK.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Continuous_Video_Scripts
« Last Edit: 12 / May / 2015, 16:40:58 by waterwingz »

« Reply #346 on: 12 / May / 2015, 18:57:46 »
There is a good CHDK script that will do that for you.  Magic Lantern does not support scripting AFAIK.

http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Continuous_Video_Scripts

Great! Just tested it - seems to work for me. THNX  :)

« Reply #347 on: 26 / July / 2015, 03:32:14 »
PowerShot SX50 HS Refurbished on Sale at: $169.99, Lowest Price ever. Price Trend seems to be: goes on sale for a few weeks, then up near New price, then new low price at like $10 less. Canon had to recall and replace rubber eye hood. Refurbished PowerShot Digital Cameras

Offer valid July 5, 2015 12:00 a.m. ET through August 1, 2015 11:59 p.m. ET, or while supplies last, whichever is earlier. Offer valid in U.S.A. only. Limit of ten of any one hardware item per customer. Order will be shipped to a street address in the 50 United States or the District of Columbia only. Offer subject to Canon Online Store Terms of Sale. Dealers, distributors and other resellers are not eligible for this offer. Offer void where prohibited, taxed, or restricted.

sx 50 zoom script issue
« Reply #348 on: 24 / October / 2015, 15:40:46 »
Hello everybody i´m new here and i don´t  know if this is the right place for my question please feel free to move the topic but i couldn´t find an adequate answer anywhere on the forum.

I never had any issues using the ZoomBracket script on my sx40 so i was excited using it on my sx50. Unfortunately every zoom script i tried keeps crashing after the first picture. Can anybody help with this issue? might it be an issue with the camera (i bought a used one) or are there simply no compatible scripts ?

Re: sx 50 zoom script issue
« Reply #349 on: 24 / October / 2015, 18:21:39 »
Hello everybody i´m new here and i don´t  know if this is the right place for my question please feel free to move the topic but i couldn´t find an adequate answer anywhere on the forum.

I never had any issues using the ZoomBracket script on my sx40 so i was excited using it on my sx50. Unfortunately every zoom script i tried keeps crashing after the first picture. Can anybody help with this issue? might it be an issue with the camera (i bought a used one) or are there simply no compatible scripts ?
I converted the script to Lua (just on principal) and confirmed that it will crash my SX50 as well.  The ROMLOG.LOG says the crash happens in the AFTask.   So I set  the Canon AF Frame to FlexiZone and then turned off Servo AF and Continuous AF.  The script works when you do that.