Compilation problems with original 'ready-to-use' environment based on gcc 3.4.6 - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Compilation problems with original 'ready-to-use' environment based on gcc 3.4.6

• 27 Replies

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
Advertisements
/bin/sh: -c:line 1:
syntax error: unexpected end of file

Make sure the last line of stubs_entry.S also has the proper 0x0A line ending.

hth,

wim
« Last Edit: 20 / November / 2012, 02:30:28 by whim »

Make sure the last line of stubs_entry.S also has the proper 0x0A line ending.

It does and there is not a single occurence of 0x0D 0x0A in the file.

I am not generating this file, it already exists.

David

Offline srsa_4c

@Microfunguy
My regular gcc 4.5.1 toolchain (prebuilt from the CHDK-DE site) is able to compile the SDM 1.85 source after replacing a few backslashes in some #include directives.
To build, I'm using a command line like this:
Code: [Select]
env PATH=~/bin/arm-elf451/bin:$PATH make fir, so I can choose a certain toolchain by modifying PATH on the command line. This assumes that the prebuilt archive is unpacked into the bin subdirectory inside HOME.

I can choose a certain toolchain by modifying PATH on the command line.

Thanks, I was hoping to try that today but have been pre-occupied trying to install OSX Snow Leopard in VirtualBox on a 64 bit AMD PC  .. so far without success.

[Thanks, I was hoping to try that today but have been pre-occupied trying to install OSX Snow Leopard in VirtualBox on a 64 bit AMD PC  ..
Really ?  Why ?  I thought you were working on getting a linux distro running on Vbox to increase your build speed ?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

I thought you were working on getting a linux distro running on Vbox to increase your build speed ?

I am.
The Linux distro installed fine.

For some reason, when I change directory to my SDM project files and type command 'make PLATFORM=s95 PLATFORMSUB=100k fir' it cannot find arm-elf-gcc.exe despite path in rc.local starting '/home/build/toolchain/bin'.

I will try adding path to bash.rc (I think) or typing directly as suggested by srsa_4c.

In addition, I still need to fix the 'unexpected end of file' with stubs_entry.s on Windows 7.

For some reason, when I change directory to my SDM project files and type command 'make PLATFORM=s95 PLATFORMSUB=100k fir' it cannot find arm-elf-gcc.exe despite path in rc.local starting '/home/build/toolchain/bin'.
what do you see if you type the following on the command line (case matters) ?

echo $PATH

I will try adding path to bash.rc
.bashrc

...or typing directly as suggested by srsa_4c.
PATH=/home/build/toolchain/bin:$PATH

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

what do you see if you type the following on the command line (case matters) ?

echo $PATH

Setting PATH from the command line, that now reports the required path.

On running make, subdirectories tools,lib and lib/font give error 'unterminated quoted string'.

That seems to be at arm-elf-gcc 2:

Trying to compile CHDK gives similar error messages.
« Last Edit: 21 / November / 2012, 13:49:41 by Microfunguy »