IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a - Update 09Nov2008 - Passing the Torch - page 12 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

IXUS75/SD750 1.01a | 1.00b | 1.02a - Update 09Nov2008 - Passing the Torch

• 381 Replies
Advertisements
Run it and let me know if you can get it to crash.

Runs identical to the last 102a firmware. No main menu, and crashes if i push "alt" and then the menu key, and push "alt" again.

This is just a test build. I have made some changes to the capt_seq.c file in an effort to narrow down where the problem is occurring. It will not have all of the CHDK functionality. Run it and let me know if you can get it to crash.

zSHARE - chdk_sd750_102a_12may08_1802.zip

Yep, unfortunately it is still crashing with these steps:

(1) press print button
(2) press DISP
(3) navigate to anything, change anything
(4) press DISP (CHDK crashes)

Latest build crashes my cam as well when attempting to make any menu changes. Can take pictures though. Thanks for working on this.

Offline solarflare

• IXUS75 1.02a
    • My storm chasing gallery
Yep, unfortunately it is still crashing with these steps:

Yes, updated it to:

Code: [Select]
CHDK Ver: allbest, #60
Date:     May 12 2008
Time:     18:01:38
Camera:   ixus75_sd750
FW Vers:  102a

Just out of curiosity to experience the update process. It was just a simple drag and drop, no surprises on the bootable effect on the SDHC card at all.

Hey Folks
Wow this is an amazing project. I only came across CHDK for the first time last week and it is so cool  I have an IXUS 75 and a 400d and it is so exciting to think that I can get most of the 400d functionality on my IXUS 75 which I actually use and love much more!

Ok, so i have been trying to get this operational for about a week...sorry if this question is answered already or too basic for this forum. However I fear that my issue is very closely related to the Ixus 75 camera so I am hoping someone here can help me out with this.

I cannot no matter what I do get the Firmware number of my Ixux 75. I have both Macs and a PC running Vista, both of which I have used to create the "var.req" file exactly as described in the online forums (Plain Text var.req saved as UTF-16 without file extensions). I also tried the "vars.req" file suggested elsewhere. I have also created these files on Linux using the command promt to make sure that my Mac/PC was not adding some bad characters to the file. However no matter what I do, I turn on my camera (which has the memory card with "var.req" file on it in memory card root) and I:

1) Press Play
2) Press Func/Set
3) Press Disp

And all I ever get is :

Firmware Ver 1.0.1.0

Not the firmware versions that include letters, which every forum says I need. So I cannot find out If I have a compatible firmware version to install the ports of CHDK made available.

Please help! I would love to start using this fantastic software and providing useful feedback that may assist in development.

Thanks

P

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
simple reading error: should be VER.REQ or VERS.REQ instead of VAR.REQ or VARS.REQ
please try again using this info

wim

PS: what should we do to the wikia ? CAPITALIZE ? use a larger font ?
PS2: @internst: consider this submitted  :D
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2008, 12:22:03 by whim »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
i suggest rereading your post whim ;)
my forum compiler threw a warning at line 1 :D
;)

Offline whim

• A495/590/620/630 ixus70/115/220/230/300/870 S95
@PhyrePhox

???
I give up - my debugger obviously refuses to work above 25 C ...

wim

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
argh.

damnit. i must be getting old. i was so fixated on the Q that i didnt notice the E/A :D
sorry. i gotta upgrade my compiler then.
sorry for offtopic.

Argh! Thanks Whim