IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread - page 3 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread

• 286 Replies

Offline Uwe

Re: IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread
« Reply #20 on: 26 / May / 2013, 14:25:42 »
Advertisements
Getting more and more of the touchscreen working, but another problem is that the sd card is locked.
I've found this in the isux230 code:
Code: [Select]
// Turn OFF SD Card power           
// to support autostart.
LDR     R3, =0xC0220130
MOV     R2, #0x44
STR     R2, [R3]
Is that to prevent the card-locked problem? This does not work in my ixus240, maybe I need another address? But how can I find the right address?

Online reyalp

« Reply #21 on: 26 / May / 2013, 16:46:15 »
Getting more and more of the touchscreen working, but another problem is that the sd card is locked.
I've found this in the isux230 code:
// Turn OFF SD Card power           
// to support autostart.
LDR     R3, =0xC0220130
MOV     R2, #0x44
STR     R2, [R3]
Is that to prevent the card-locked problem? This does not work in my ixus240, maybe I need another address? But how can I find the right address?
No, that's a different thing.

SD card lock override is done in <platform>/kbd.c, masking a bit in physw_status. Note that this will only work if you have the hooked kbd_task up and running.

If you display the physw_status bits, it should be pretty clear which one you need to mask (unless this camera is doing something unique and different...) This should be found by the sigfinder and listed (commented) in stubs_entry.S as SD_READONLY_FLAG and SD_READONLY_IDX
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline Uwe

« Reply #22 on: 26 / May / 2013, 17:17:06 »
Great! Thank you.
It was not masked in SD_READONLY_IDX but in USB_IDX.

Okay, I have the menu working completely, but I cant find any .dng (jpegs are there and i have dng on in the settings menu) files on my sd card after shooting a picture with "RAW on".
Since I never did anything with chdk before, may this be a user-related problem with my settings/usage or a problem in the port?

« Reply #23 on: 26 / May / 2013, 17:27:59 »
Okay, I have the menu working completely, but I cant find any .dng (jpegs are there and i have dng on in the settings menu) files on my sd card after shooting a picture with "RAW on".
Since I never did anything with chdk before, may this be a user-related problem with my settings/usage or a problem in the port?
Depending on how you have things set-up,  it may be storing RAW/DNG in a seperate folder.   Also, you will typically not see the RAW/DNG images using the camera's photo review functions.   Either use the CHDK file browser (in the CHDK Misc menu) or look at the SD card on your PC.

If there is still nothing there,  do you notice a few second longer delay when you have RAW enabled versus normal JPG shooting?  That woud tend to tell you that a RAW image is being saved somewhere.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline Uwe

« Reply #24 on: 26 / May / 2013, 17:34:33 »
I've set in the menu (translated from my native language):
save raw = 1
raw in jpeg folder = 1
dng-format = 1

searched for any raw files on my pc and i didn't notice any delay versus normal jpeg schooting.

« Reply #25 on: 26 / May / 2013, 17:38:57 »
I've set in the menu (translated from my native language):
save raw = 1
raw in jpeg folder = 1
dng-format = 1
searched for any raw files on my pc and i didn't notice any delay versus normal jpeg schooting.
That probably means that the hook in the capt_seq.c file

"       BL      capt_seq_hook_raw_here\n" 
is not getting called -  either because its in the wrong place or capt_seq_task is not being hooked correctly.

Offline nafraf

« Reply #26 on: 26 / May / 2013, 17:44:45 »
@Uwe
Great! now you have touch screen menu working  8)

If you are using boot.c from my code, capt_seq_tasks hook is commented.  Check taskHook(..) function in boot.c

Offline Uwe

« Reply #27 on: 26 / May / 2013, 18:09:37 »
Great, I just commented capt_seq_tasks in and now i see the raw images.
But Photoshop is only able to open the .dng file, not the .cr2. No Problem for me, just saying it.

Attached my modified kbd.c and a working 102a debug build(r2797 cause i had this revision still on my disk). What else is to do for a full port? Can anyone else with a ixus240 help testing?
I can also attach a 101a build, but for this post this is prevented by the 2-attachment restriction.

//Edit:
Line 395 can be removed - debug variable i forgot
« Last Edit: 26 / May / 2013, 18:56:26 by Uwe »

Offline nafraf

« Reply #28 on: 26 / May / 2013, 18:36:03 »
Attached my modified kbd.c and a working 102a debug build(r2797 cause i had this revision still on my disk). What else is to do for a full port? Can anyone else with a ixus240 help testing?
I can also attach a 101a build, but for this post this is prevented by the 2-attachment restriction.
Some other points to check:
- Firmware modemap table is not complete, check the messages in stubs_entry.S.  Instructions available here:
http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Adding_support_for_a_new_camera
- Did you enable movie_rec hook?  extended video time, and set quality video patches are implemented. Could you tested?
- Some scripts for testing are available here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing
« Last Edit: 26 / May / 2013, 18:40:47 by nafraf »

« Reply #29 on: 26 / May / 2013, 19:10:35 »
Great, I just commented capt_seq_tasks in and now i see the raw images.
Nice work!
But Photoshop is only able to open the .dng file, not the .cr2. No Problem for me, just saying it.
Nice work!   
As it looks like you are planning to be around CHDK for a while,  you might want to take a few quiet minutes and read through this post and some of the included links :
link> Questions about RAW ?
I've basically got that link bookmarked as I repost it frequently - its a really common question for people new to CHDK.