IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread - page 22 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread

• 312 Replies
Re: IXUS 240/ELPH 320 HS Porting thread
« Reply #210 on: 06 / February / 2015, 18:03:51 »
Advertisements
hello
my camera firmware is 1.02A and sdcard is 16gb class10
please help step by step for install and use CHDK

Link > CHDK Dummies Guide : Quick Start
Link > Prepare Your SD Card
Link > CHDK User Manual
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #211 on: 06 / February / 2015, 19:06:36 »
hello
my camera firmware is 1.02A and sdcard is 16gb class10
please help step by step for install and use CHDK

Link > CHDK Dummies Guide : Quick Start
Link > Prepare Your SD Card
Link > CHDK User Manual

thanks alot
but these links have many lines and i don't know start from where
please guide steps , example 1-2-3-...

« Reply #212 on: 06 / February / 2015, 19:14:34 »
thanks alot
From CHDK Dummies Guide : Quick Start
  • Download and install the STICK utility from this link > STICK
  • Run STICK to configure your SD card and install CHDK.
  • Put the SD card's lock switch into the "locked" position and put the card into your camera.
  • Start your camera normally. You should see the red CHDK logo appear for a few seconds.
  • Press the defined <ALT> key  for your camera to enter CHDK mode. The <ALT> key is usually either the PRINT or PLAY button. However, some cameras use the DISP, VIDEO, HELP or FACE buttons so you might have to try different buttons to find the right one.
  • Press the MENU button in <ALT> mode to access the CHDK configuration menus.  Press the FUNC/SET button to bring up the scripting menu.
  • Press the shutter button in <ALT> mode to run the currently loaded script.
  • Exit <ALT> by pressing the <ALT> button again. Override settings and onscreen display option will now enabled while you are back in normal Canon mode.

You are either going to do some reading from the links I posted, or you are going to have a lot of trouble learning to use CHDK.  There are YouTube videos available but the quality varies from adequate to poor to just plain wrong.  Try this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOaspc4Ohw - it's probably the best of the bunch.

« Reply #213 on: 06 / February / 2015, 19:50:11 »
thanks alot
From CHDK Dummies Guide : Quick Start
  • Download and install the STICK utility from this link > STICK
  • Run STICK to configure your SD card and install CHDK.
  • Put the SD card's lock switch into the "locked" position and put the card into your camera.
  • Start your camera normally. You should see the red CHDK logo appear for a few seconds.
  • Press the defined <ALT> key  for your camera to enter CHDK mode. The <ALT> key is usually either the PRINT or PLAY button. However, some cameras use the DISP, VIDEO, HELP or FACE buttons so you might have to try different buttons to find the right one.
  • Press the MENU button in <ALT> mode to access the CHDK configuration menus.  Press the FUNC/SET button to bring up the scripting menu.
  • Press the shutter button in <ALT> mode to run the currently loaded script.
  • Exit <ALT> by pressing the <ALT> button again. Override settings and onscreen display option will now enabled while you are back in normal Canon mode.

You are either going to do some reading from the links I posted, or you are going to have a lot of trouble learning to use CHDK.  There are YouTube videos available but the quality varies from adequate to poor to just plain wrong.  Try this one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYOaspc4Ohw - it's probably the best of the bunch.

thank you very much for guide
i do six steps and its done, but i can't find alt key in ixus 240,
there is chdk touch botton that i press it and access to chdk configuration mode,
and this step
Press the FUNC/SET button to bring up the scripting menu.
Press the shutter button in <ALT> mode to run the currently loaded script.
in chdk configuration mode just was (script (program your camera))
and with pressing shutter botton , no script runs,
how can i run loaded script?
and when unlock sdcard ?
« Last Edit: 06 / February / 2015, 19:52:48 by hamid3pnn »

« Reply #214 on: 06 / February / 2015, 20:12:19 »
i do six steps and its done, but i can't find alt key in ixus 240, there is chdk touch botton that i press it and access to chdk configuration mode,
For your camera, the chdk touch button is the "alt key".

in chdk configuration mode just was (script (program your camera)) and with pressing shutter botton , no script runs, how can i run loaded script?
You need to load a script before you can run it.  From the Script menu,  use the "Load Script from File...." menu option to select the file containing the script you want to run.

and when unlock sdcard ?
Only when you do not want CHDK to load automatically.  Leave it locked always otherwise.

« Reply #215 on: 06 / February / 2015, 20:32:48 »
i do six steps and its done, but i can't find alt key in ixus 240, there is chdk touch botton that i press it and access to chdk configuration mode,
For your camera, the chdk touch button is the "alt key".

in chdk configuration mode just was (script (program your camera)) and with pressing shutter botton , no script runs, how can i run loaded script?
You need to load a script before you can run it.  From the Script menu,  use the "Load Script from File...." menu option to select the file containing the script you want to run.

and when unlock sdcard ?
Only when you do not want CHDK to load automatically.  Leave it locked always otherwise.
i understood now
thanks again for great guidance

« Reply #216 on: 07 / February / 2015, 12:21:02 »
in cgdk mode, how use manual focus in objects?
i  can't use Override Subject Distance
and any focus.lua script for ixus 240?
« Last Edit: 07 / February / 2015, 17:21:39 by hamid3pnn »

« Reply #217 on: 19 / March / 2015, 08:38:11 »
Hi! Is anyone interested in working on a release for 1.00c? How can I help?

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #218 on: 19 / March / 2015, 16:52:51 »
Hi! Is anyone interested in working on a release for 1.00c? How can I help?
For a start, you could make and upload a firmware dump. You can find instructions on the following page: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Dumper
If somebody then creates a port for the 1.00c firmware, it would be very nice if you could test the port and report whether it works correctly or not. Are you willing to do that?

« Reply #219 on: 20 / March / 2015, 00:05:23 »
Thanks for your answer!!
Of course! I really need this release!! I already did the firmware dump. I tried to attach it here, but the file is too large, and I can't find upload instructions.
I'm willing to test the port! No problem!