Shutter speed override not working? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Shutter speed override not working?

• 3 Replies
Shutter speed override not working?
« on: 04 / December / 2012, 13:18:40 »
Advertisements
Hello

The shutter speed override doesn't work for me.
If I set the shutter speed over or below the normal limits of my G12 camera (15 sec and 1/4000), the photo will be simply taken at 15 sec or 1/4000.
(CHDK is set to value factor 1 and Ev step.)

If there's anything I don't understand, could you tell me where I could learn about how to use the overrides.  The information that I found until now, is that I just have to set the override and it would work.

Thanks for your advice or opinions :)

Re: Shutter speed override not working?
« Reply #1 on: 04 / December / 2012, 13:27:31 »
The shutter speed override doesn't work for me.
If I set the shutter speed over or below the normal limits of my G12 camera (15 sec and 1/4000), the photo will be simply taken at 15 sec or 1/4000.

How do you know it does not work ?

You cannot go by the photo EXIF data, that is restricted to the cameras normal range.

Examine the playback histograms.

David

« Reply #2 on: 04 / December / 2012, 14:11:47 »
The EXIF data does contain the shutter speed used, but not in the standard EXIF field.  Exiftool/ExiftoolGUI can show the extra data saved as MakerNotes.
Look for Exposure Time... you'll probably find 2, the first standard which will should be the camera's normal maximum or minimum setting, and the the other which will show actual value used.  It will NOT be a round number!   For example, when set to 1/10000 on my a810, the Exposure Time fields are 1/2000 and 1/10173 respectively.
A810 1.00e

« Reply #3 on: 04 / December / 2012, 14:18:55 »
Oh thank you, you're right.
I should I thought about that.