Hybrid Motion Detect/Time Lapse script? - page 2 - Script Writing - CHDK Forum

Hybrid Motion Detect/Time Lapse script?

• 22 Replies
Re: Hybrid Motion Detect/Time Lapse script?
« Reply #10 on: 28 / December / 2012, 23:15:08 »
Advertisements
I saw that, but I was under the impression that my A470 only handled SD cards, not SDHC. If it'll do SDHC cards, then I should be good to go. I wonder if my wife will mind if I borrow her 8gb card....

« Reply #11 on: 28 / December / 2012, 23:20:32 »
I saw that, but I was under the impression that my A470 only handled SD cards, not SDHC. If it'll do SDHC cards, then I should be good to go. I wonder if my wife will mind if I borrow her 8gb card....

Hmmm ... says SD/SDHC Memory Card, MultiMediaCard, MMC Plus Card, HC MMC Plus Card here :

http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/support/consumer/digital_cameras/powershot_a_series/powershot_a470_gray#Specifications

One would hope that would be the definitive source.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #12 on: 28 / December / 2012, 23:57:52 »
I'm formatting the 8gb card as I type. Thanks for the tips on this! You've been a great help.

« Reply #13 on: 29 / December / 2012, 00:20:44 »
Indeed, I can now take over 8000 photos at 3megapixel and "Fine" compression. I am so stoked... this means so much for what I want to do. I'm soooo happy about this right now. The geek in me hasn't been this excited since I found CHDK to begin with!

« Reply #14 on: 30 / December / 2012, 16:56:45 »
So, now that I've got this squared away, I'm interested in combining this script with elements of the sunset5.bas script that adjusts for low lighting. I've been able to get some very nice night shots using that script, and I'd like to add the motion detection to it. How do I go about this? I'd like to do it on my own if possible.

« Reply #15 on: 30 / December / 2012, 17:38:59 »
So, now that I've got this squared away, I'm interested in combining this script with elements of the sunset5.bas script that adjusts for low lighting. I've been able to get some very nice night shots using that script, and I'd like to add the motion detection to it. How do I go about this? I'd like to do it on my own if possible.
Not sure how to answer that.   If I tell you what to do,  then you are not "doing it on your own".    So how about starting with a more detailsed description of what you want the script to do ?

« Reply #16 on: 30 / December / 2012, 18:37:57 »
Sorry, didn't mean to be that vague. I want to know what to do, but want to be left to do the actual coding.

« Reply #17 on: 30 / December / 2012, 18:39:57 »
Sorry, didn't mean to be that vague. I want to know what to do, but want to be left to do the actual coding.
Yea - I figured that.   So step one is to specify exactly what you want the script to do.   Professional programming 101 ....

Once you have that, you can structure what you want the code to do.

« Reply #18 on: 30 / December / 2012, 20:48:14 »
I think what I want to do is fairly simple. I want to replace the "shoot" in the script currently on this forum thread with the shooting functionality of the sunset5.bas program found here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Time_lapse_script_variable_shutter_speed

I'm not sure what parts of that script to graft into the current program.

« Reply #19 on: 30 / December / 2012, 20:53:12 »
I think what I want to do is fairly simple. I want to replace the "shoot" in the script currently on this forum thread with the shooting functionality of the sunset5.bas program found here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/UBASIC/Scripts:_Time_lapse_script_variable_shutter_speed

I'm not sure what parts of that script to graft into the current program.
I don't know how to say this in another way but being blunt.   If you want to learn to program,  you probably have to start at step 1.  There are a ton of "Learn to Program" web pages on the net.   Once you have worked through that .. being able to combine the two scripts you posted as examples is a simple process.  Sorry.