Nominees for the Canon Hacker of the Year Award - 2012 - page 2 - General Chat - CHDK Forum

Nominees for the Canon Hacker of the Year Award - 2012

• 15 Replies
Re: Nominees for the Canon Hacker of the Year Award - 2012
« Reply #10 on: 30 / December / 2012, 22:45:59 »
Advertisements
oh .. never mind
« Last Edit: 30 / December / 2012, 23:13:47 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline lapser

« Reply #11 on: 31 / December / 2012, 13:32:37 »
I'm new to CHDK, but I'll put in my two cents anyway. To use the needle/haystack metaphor, I think that lots of people can find that needle, which is not to belittle the accomplishments of those who have. But reyalp is the one who keeps the whole haystack from blowing away.

Keeping a complex project like this running, with contributions from so many different programmers, is an incredible accomplishment. I'm amazed that it works at all. It requires one person with an understanding of the entire project, and the ability to resist pressure from programmers (like me), who want to add things that might crash the entire system.

Most importantly, reyalp doesn't just know how to do this, he actually DOES it. In addition, he's the one, along with philmoz and waterwingz, who teach newbies like me what to do. And without new people, the project would die.

We all have a different perspective, but from my perspective so far, it's reyalp all the way.
EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

Offline SticK

« Reply #12 on: 31 / December / 2012, 15:17:08 »
@lapser
This award might be new to the forum.  As I had stated, my nominations were based strictly on those contributions the lack of which would not have made the S90 PFP project possible.

Keeping a complex project like this running, with contributions from so many different programmers, is an incredible accomplishment.
I agree, in addition to everything else reyalp does to boot.  Thanks for your vote.

Current vote status:
reyalp:     2
srsa_4c:  1

Voting is open and you are welcome.  Please justify your vote or nomination.

Offline lapser

« Reply #13 on: 31 / December / 2012, 22:11:46 »
@lapser
This award might be new to the forum.  As I had stated, my nominations were based strictly on those contributions the lack of which would not have made the S90 PFP project possible.
OH, I didn't realize the Canon Hacker of the Year award was specific to the S90 PFP project. In that case, I nominate Al Gore :P for his invention of the Internets.

Offline SticK

« Reply #14 on: 02 / January / 2013, 13:03:17 »
@lapser
OH, I didn't realize the Canon Hacker of the Year award was specific to the S90 PFP project.
Just to clarify for folks reading this ... for the 3rd time, my *nominations* are based on the S90 PFP project, the award is *not* specific to the S90 PFP project.  Please reread my orignal post carefully.

.... and as for Al Gore, the world would have been a much better place if he had won the Fla primary instead of that ignorant Bush.  For now, let us all count our blessings that there is a president who has a head on his shoulders and knows how to think things out.  It is however very unfortunate that the electoral system doesn't work as well as it should -- that you can have a congressional dictator around hijacking the process and pretending to be president as same time.

Offline lapser

« Reply #15 on: 02 / January / 2013, 13:30:41 »
Yes, Mr. Bush had a certain "charisma" that made you want to throw your shoe at him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0125Qrn24EQ#

Sorry for pulling your chain on the award. It's a great idea, and I hope more people will respond. It's always nice to be appreciated for your work.

When I get the time, I'll try to understand what you're doing in the project you're talking about. It sounds like quite an accomplishment.