G15 Porting thread - page 7 - DryOS Development - CHDK Forum

G15 Porting thread

• 87 Replies
Re: G15 Porting thread
« Reply #60 on: 07 / July / 2013, 19:38:34 »
Advertisements
The build info says CHDK 1.1.0-2921 Revision: 0 FW Vers: 100b Compiler: GCC 4.4.3 I downloaded it with Acid.
Thanks for checking.  I spend quite a bit of time chasing a user problem only to find out he had downloaded an obsolete five year old version of CHDK from a Russian hacker/warez site.

Can't comment on your zebra issue - that's usually a fundamental display buffer address setting that needs to get done right in the original port.  Unusual for it to still be a problem.

As far as manual control of video exposure,  there is an experimental thread you could try but its not supported in the standard CHDK build.
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5295.0
The current script is here :
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=5295.msg68622#msg68622

Forum issues are regrettable.  We had a big problem with spammers and the captcha seems to get rid of them rather well.   The good news is that it goes away after you have posted a few times.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #61 on: 07 / July / 2013, 19:47:58 »
Thanks so much. I'll check out the links.

« Reply #62 on: 07 / July / 2013, 19:54:20 »
Thanks so much. I'll check out the links.
To use that script, you'll need a version 1.2.0 release of CHDK - it has a menu option that lets you enable "Lua native calls".   http://mighty-hoernsche.de/trunk/

« Reply #63 on: 07 / July / 2013, 20:10:16 »
I got the 1.2 version and zebras work great! Also, I guess I posted enough because I am writing this on my Mac and it is not asking for a captcha.

« Reply #64 on: 07 / July / 2013, 20:12:20 »
I got the 1.2 version and zebras work great! Also, I guess I posted enough because I am writing this on my Mac and it is not asking for a captcha.
Life is good.   Have you thought about buying a lottery ticket?  Today seems to be your lucky day.

« Reply #65 on: 30 / July / 2013, 07:47:27 »
Hello.
When receiving video over CHDK PTP camera gives 4-6 frames per second.
As I understand the problem in /platform/g15/lib.c
viewport_buffers[] - is commented
finsig_dryos does not find the signature of this buffer.
I would like to try fix it. Somebody can tell how to finsig_dryos is finding for addresses of buffers
By the way there is the same problem in s110

Sorry, I'm very bad at writing English :(

Offline c10ud

« Reply #66 on: 30 / July / 2013, 08:04:27 »
Hello.
When receiving video over CHDK PTP camera gives 4-6 frames per second.
As I understand the problem in /platform/g15/lib.c
viewport_buffers[] - is commented
finsig_dryos does not find the signature of this buffer.
I would like to try fix it. Somebody can tell how to finsig_dryos is finding for addresses of buffers
By the way there is the same problem in s110

Sorry, I'm very bad at writing English :(
IIRC that's only for getting the most recent framebuffer (for, like, fast MD), nothing to do with live image and FPS (probably your computer is too slow and cannot handle it more)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #67 on: 30 / July / 2013, 13:55:18 »
IIRC that's only for getting the most recent framebuffer (for, like, fast MD), nothing to do with live image and FPS (probably your computer is too slow and cannot handle it more)
Pretty much. The fast buffer is used for PTP live view if available, since it will show you more recent frames, but it won't speed up the frame rate. That is controlled by USB connection and CPU speed.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #68 on: 31 / July / 2013, 04:23:29 »
Probably. But with sx260 no such problem.
function of getting the frame g15
Code: [Select]
void *vid_get_viewport_live_fb()
{
    return vid_get_viewport_fb();
}

function of getting the frame sx260
Code: [Select]
void *vid_get_viewport_live_fb() {
    if (MODE_IS_VIDEO(mode_get()) || is_video_recording())
        return viewport_buffers[0];     // Video only seems to use the first viewport buffer.

// Hopefully return the most recently used viewport buffer so that motion detect, histogram, zebra and edge overly are using current image data
    return viewport_buffers[(active_viewport_buffer-1)&3];
}

Offline reyalp

« Reply #69 on: 31 / July / 2013, 13:20:59 »
Probably.
How are you measuring the frame rate? If you are going by the chdkptp stats, then there is no "probably" about it.

If you can report what appears on the stats page (a screenshot is good), I can tell you for sure. The most relevant numbers are xfer last ms and frame last ms.
Don't forget what the H stands for.