Auto bracketing - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Auto bracketing

• 18 Replies
Auto bracketing
« on: 08 / January / 2013, 12:55:25 »
Advertisements
As a user of Magic Lantern I am most impressed with the auto bracketing feature, which takes as many Tv brackets as required to capture the dynamics of the scene.

I wonder if CHDK could be augmented with this feature, ie +/-, +, -, Auto.

Cheers

Garry

Re: Auto bracketing
« Reply #1 on: 08 / January / 2013, 13:12:50 »
As a user of Magic Lantern I am most impressed with the auto bracketing feature, which takes as many Tv brackets as required to capture the dynamics of the scene.
If I understand your request correctly,  you could fairly easily do a bracketing script that uses the get_histo_range range to measure relative exposure and then take successive shots until some percentage of pixels are over exposed followed by shots until some percentage of the pixels are underexposed.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 08 / January / 2013, 13:25:42 »
I think realizing this feature via script would be a great start. Unfortunately I have no coding knowledge to attempt this myself.

However, what you say is what I was thinking.

That is a script to peek at the histogram and carry of taking shoots at the user specified Ev until the histogram limits are reached or the max or min shutter speed.

If someone with coding knowledge could pull such a script together I would love to pay with it. Such a script would also inventivise me to start learning some coding.

Cheers

Garry

« Reply #3 on: 08 / January / 2013, 13:28:34 »
I think realizing this feature via script would be a great start. Unfortunately I have no coding knowledge to attempt this myself.   However, what you say is what I was thinking.

That is a script to peek at the histogram and carry of taking shoots at the user specified Ev until the histogram limits are reached or the max or min shutter speed.  If someone with coding knowledge could pull such a script together I would love to pay with it. Such a script would
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=3868.0

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #4 on: 08 / January / 2013, 14:33:06 »
Here is my solution for this task: http://trac.assembla.com/chdkde/browser/scripts/br_easy/br_easyE.lua

The script is based on the script in the above link.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #5 on: 08 / January / 2013, 14:42:32 »
Many thanks for the pointers and the script. I think it is time I tried using the CHDK script functionality.

Ps Waterwingz did you find time yet to tweak the remote?

Pps the dark frame is fixed in the S95 now, but what confuses me is how these fixes get incorporated in a unified build?

« Reply #6 on: 08 / January / 2013, 14:51:51 »
Msl

Forgot to ask, as I have a digic IV S95, do I need to change the props or is your script genetic. Sorry or asking such a basic question.

Cheers

Garry

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #7 on: 08 / January / 2013, 15:13:10 »
Yes, the script is genetic. It reads the propset and retrieves the correct variable.

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links

« Reply #8 on: 08 / January / 2013, 16:07:35 »
msl

Got it loaded and it starts to run, ie a see a count down, but I get this error message:

160: attempt to call global 'get_image_dir' (a null value)

Any ideas?

Cheers

Garry

« Reply #9 on: 08 / January / 2013, 16:18:52 »
Ps Waterwingz did you find time yet to tweak the remote?
Submitted the patch a couple of days ago.  Sometimes the dev's with commit access get busy and it takes a while for things to get into the autobuild.

Pps the dark frame is fixed in the S95 now, but what confuses me is how these fixes get incorporated in a unified build?
Typically,  somebody creates a patch file to fix a problem or make a change and submits that here :
http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=650.0

When one of the dev's with commit access has a moment,  they will review the patch and make a decision to add to the autobuild or not.