Custom processing for JPEG (Tone curve, CA ...) - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Custom processing for JPEG (Tone curve, CA ...)

• 101 Replies
Custom processing for JPEG (Tone curve, CA ...)
« on: 03 / April / 2008, 00:42:46 »
Advertisements
According to the code it looks like it is possible to pre-process the RAW value stored in memory before it gets saved to JPEG.
For now an existing RAW file is reloaded and developed with internal settings during RAW develop. Is the code as I understood?
I am planning to add the following features:

- Custom tonal curves (for example to reduce blown out in JPEG like on the Fuji S100)
- Chromatic Aberration reduction using PTLens data base
- Filter simulation (Polarizer, Warm tone...)
- Film simulation (Velvia, Chrome....)

Does it make any sense?

Toine

Re: Custom processing for JPEG (Tone curve, CA ...)
« Reply #1 on: 03 / April / 2008, 01:48:33 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:55:19 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #2 on: 03 / April / 2008, 02:23:47 »
makes sense, and also it will make alot of work :D
what do you mean by "developed by internal settings"? development is done according to the camera's settings, e.g. whitebalance, sharpening, quality. adding additional settings there will be a huge task, i doubt it is possible, but then again there are a lot of features that wouldnt be in chdk if the devs would have "hit the wall of doubts".
« Last Edit: 03 / April / 2008, 02:26:07 by PhyrePhoX »

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #3 on: 03 / April / 2008, 03:53:33 »
adding additional settings there will be a huge task, i doubt it is possible
Anything is possible. :D We have RAW data and we can modify it before saving to JPG. Right now only badpixels correction uses this possibility. But it can be more intellectual processing. Anyway, it should work very quick to prevent camera from shutdown by watchdog timeout.
CHDK Developer.

Offline mkmenuts

• SD700 (1.01b)
« Reply #4 on: 03 / April / 2008, 07:03:17 »
it should work very quick to prevent camera from shutdown

...If only we knew how to program the DIGIC DSP...

It is capable of quite a lot, and is used in the high end cameras as well. I would guess applying a curve or a filter is peanuts for it.

If we knew what function sends the configuration to the DIGIC, we could try it with all the different options already available and  then add more.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #5 on: 03 / April / 2008, 07:10:36 »
we should send  a rogue agent to canon, so he can steal a software emulator & debugger. :D

« Reply #6 on: 03 / April / 2008, 09:30:52 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:55:40 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PS

• A610 1.00f
« Reply #7 on: 03 / April / 2008, 14:43:06 »
« Last Edit: 01 / February / 2009, 13:51:45 by PS »

« Reply #8 on: 03 / April / 2008, 21:09:03 »
At first I was going to only do the same mapping for all pixels - i.e. for any pixel a specific input value will be converting to a specific value from the below table:

outValue[inValue] 
              with inValue in the [0..1023] range
              and outValue in the [0..1023] range

Then I thought of color filters with the following table:

outValue[colorPixel, inValue]
              with inValue in the [0..1023] range
              and outValue in the [0..1023] range
              and colorPixel in the [0..3] range or [0..2] range depending on whether it is CYMG or RGB

The problem is that I don't know how the color pixels are arranged in the file and whether it is a RGB or CYMG matrix.

Anybody knows (at least for the A610)?

Worst case I will stick with the initial - but that will be a shame.

Looks like the algo is stupid enough to eat not too much of CPU and cause time out - But who knows...

Thanks in advance for your help,

Toine
« Last Edit: 03 / April / 2008, 22:09:28 by toinech »

« Reply #9 on: 04 / April / 2008, 01:37:18 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 15:56:00 by Barney Fife »