Motion sense control out of control - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

Motion sense control out of control

• 7 Replies
« on: 19 / January / 2013, 17:11:11 »
Advertisements
Im at a lost of how to setup motion sense control on my camera, it seams to work for the first shot then wont stop taking photos even though nothing is changing?

Where can I configure it?

Re: Motion sense control out of control
« Reply #1 on: 19 / January / 2013, 17:14:19 »
Im at a lost of how to setup motion sense control on my camera, it seams to work for the first shot then wont stop taking photos even though nothing is changing? Where can I configure it?

You probably want to read through this :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Motion_Detection

There are several parameters that need to be tweaked for each shooting situation.   I assume you are using the small motion script included with CHDK ? If so then I'd suggest increasing the Trigger Delay and Trigger Threshold parameters.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 19 / January / 2013, 17:47:44 »
I am using the standard one. Do I have to edit the prams on the computer and reinsert the card or is there a way to edit on the fly?

« Reply #3 on: 19 / January / 2013, 17:59:03 »
I am using the standard one. Do I have to edit the prams on the computer and reinsert the card or is there a way to edit on the fly?
The script included in the most recent releases of CHDK now has those values available as parameters that can be set on the fly from the Script menu.  You might need to download the latest version - it was only added a couple of weeks ago.

Otherwise,  you need to edit the script on your PC and replace the one on SD card with it.   CHDK has a crude buit-in text editor that can be used in a pinch on the camera but its a bit of work to understand.

« Reply #4 on: 19 / January / 2013, 20:07:41 »
The script included in the most recent releases of CHDK now has those values available as parameters that can be set on the fly from the Script menu.  You might need to download the latest version - it was only added a couple of weeks ago.

Otherwise,  you need to edit the script on your PC and replace the one on SD card with it.   CHDK has a crude buit-in text editor that can be used in a pinch on the camera but its a bit of work to understand.

Fixed Thank you!

Offline Davo

« Reply #5 on: 25 / January / 2013, 16:54:52 »
Hi,

I have the same issue with my A810. How did you achieve your fix?

tanx

« Reply #6 on: 25 / January / 2013, 17:38:04 »
I have the same issue with my A810. How did you achieve your fix?
Download the latest release of CHDK.  The newer scripts are now included in the latest release.
« Last Edit: 25 / January / 2013, 17:48:11 by waterwingz »

Offline Davo

« Reply #7 on: 26 / January / 2013, 10:04:53 »
Apologies for the dumb question. I was running v2477 which I thought was the latest and the md was driving me crazy. I now have v2511 loaded and md seems to work as advertised - even on my scripts.

Thanks again