Question about controlling multiple cameras - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Question about controlling multiple cameras

• 2 Replies
Question about controlling multiple cameras
« on: 05 / February / 2013, 11:35:16 »
Advertisements
Hello, I'm very new to the CHDK forums.

I am attempting to sync two cameras to take pictures at the same time with the same computer. In the chdk.wikia.com/wiki/USB_Remote_Cable page, I have found some information:

I have found that Enable Sync is "A useful application of CHDK is the ability to connect two or more cameras together via a common USB cable so that their operations can be synchronized. The fact that the cameras are connected in parallel ensures that things happen at approximately the same time."

However, my question arises in the Enabling USB Remote operation.  In this paragraph, it is stated that when the Enable Remote option is selected, the USB port on the camera will no longer be available for uploading picture files or ptp operations.

Does this mean that I can not transfer the pictures I take with each synced camera to my computer? If so, how can I get the files onto my computer?

Offline c10ud

Re: Question about controlling multiple cameras
« Reply #1 on: 05 / February / 2013, 11:44:47 »
Hello, I'm very new to the CHDK forums.

I am attempting to sync two cameras to take pictures at the same time with the same computer. In the chdk.wikia.com/wiki/USB_Remote_Cable page, I have found some information:

I have found that Enable Sync is "A useful application of CHDK is the ability to connect two or more cameras together via a common USB cable so that their operations can be synchronized. The fact that the cameras are connected in parallel ensures that things happen at approximately the same time."

However, my question arises in the Enabling USB Remote operation.  In this paragraph, it is stated that when the Enable Remote option is selected, the USB port on the camera will no longer be available for uploading picture files or ptp operations.

Does this mean that I can not transfer the pictures I take with each synced camera to my computer? If so, how can I get the files onto my computer?

disconnect the remote and connect a "normal" usb cable

Re: Question about controlling multiple cameras
« Reply #2 on: 05 / February / 2013, 11:58:18 »
The information you will find on that wiki page refers to a method of taking pictures with a remote switch & power source.   It is not for triggering a picture from a computer.  If you want to trigger multiple camera from a computer you will need a seperate USB cable per camera and something like chdkptp software to control the cameras.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16