Remote Control Solar System Digiscope - page 2 - Creative Uses of CHDK - CHDK Forum

Remote Control Solar System Digiscope

• 14 Replies

Offline Davo

Re: Remote Control Solar System Digiscope
« Reply #10 on: 03 / September / 2013, 06:56:55 »
Advertisements
The distance from the center of the tripod screw to the front edge of the lens barrel is just about 3 inches (76 mm).

I have been doing some research on the A810, and that looks promising. Do you have a gallery of digiscoped images and maybe a picture or two of your rig?

Bad news - the adapter I have has a maximum distance of 62mm.

I think the A810 is the deal of the century. I am just getting my rig ready for the winter season and will post some pix later. Here is a lunar flyover video I made a while ago

Let me know what kind of shots you are trying for and I will shoot some examples.

Offline blackhole

• A590IS 101b
    • Planetary astrophotography
« Reply #11 on: 03 / September / 2013, 09:11:54 »
No big deal, you can always make an adapter to the dimensions that you need for your camera. This is an example to which can be attached and DSLR camera.

Offline Davo

« Reply #12 on: 04 / September / 2013, 13:53:46 »
I have been doing some research on the A810, and that looks promising. Do you have a gallery of digiscoped images and maybe a picture or two of your rig?

Attached is a shot of the mount on my scope and one with the camera fitted.
Looking at Blackhole's suggestion, the camera platform with the 2 slots is plastic and it would be very easy to add say a steel repair plate to mount your camera.

One thing I would try is to jury rig your camera to your scope and try to take a shot. The A810 seems to work well with no reflections because its lens is smaller than the scope eyepiece. I don't know your camera so I would try it out first before getting an adapter.

Offline Davo

« Reply #13 on: 04 / September / 2013, 13:54:45 »
Here attached is a 1:1 detail of a PP3 battery at 45metres with this rig.

« Reply #14 on: 05 / September / 2013, 20:47:45 »
Thanks so much!