Canon powershot a560 and Raw files - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Canon powershot a560 and Raw files

• 4 Replies
Canon powershot a560 and Raw files
« on: 12 / March / 2013, 10:35:33 »
Advertisements
Hi all i just upgraded my firmware to use the raw files. I got 8 gb sd card and i did the steps with utility and 2 partitions

Everything look to work great, but i cant see in the folder of sd card inside 100canon folder the raw images.
Also the camera create and a jpeg image together (i noticed that beacause with cameras explorer i can see that inside 100canon folder creating files).

I choosed in Raw menu to use raw, also checked  dng files extensions and format. Also the blue ligth flash when taking image.

What am i doing wrong?

I can see my picturse only via camera with usb cable and no more with card reader.
With card reader i can see only the fat16 partition.

I use windows 7 and also downloaded a plugin to open raw files from microsoft.

Maybe the Jpeg images are the Raw images and use them?

I dont know how it works i thought that i can se dng files open them and everything would be ok.
Thanks in advance.
« Last Edit: 12 / March / 2013, 10:39:49 by steliosgr »

Re: Canon powershot a560 and Raw files
« Reply #1 on: 12 / March / 2013, 10:45:45 »
Hi all i just upgraded my firmware to use the raw files.
Actually, CHDK does not modify you camera's firmware in any way.  It load in RAM and dissapears each time you reset your camera.

I got 8 gb sd card and i did the steps with utility and 2 partitions
This is correct but you need to understand what this means to see why you are having a problem (see below).

Everything look to work great, but i cant see in the folder of sd card inside 100canon folder the raw images.
Are you trying to look over the USB cable or with a card reader?

Also the camera create and a jpeg image together (i noticed that beacause with cameras explorer i can see that inside 100canon folder creating files).
This is normal - although with some cameras there is a CHDK menu option to change this.

I choosed in Raw menu to use raw, also checked  dng files extensions and format. Also the blue ligth flash when taking image.
Good - sounds likes its working perfectly.

I can see my picturse only via camera with usb cable and no more with card reader.
With card reader i can see only the fat16 partition.
Your pictures are stored on the 2nd partition you created (as mentioned above).  Windows does not recognize dual partition SD cards - it only sees the primary partition.   Go to the CHDK Misc menu and look for the "swap partition" option to make the second partition primary so your PC can see it.

More information about this is here - scan down to the 4th paragraph :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card#A_Deep_Dive_into_the_Boot_Process

I use windows 7 and also downloaded a plugin to open raw files from microsoft.
Do you have a link for that?  Its most likely not what you think it is and not likely to work.

You might also want to read this and follow some of the links :
link> Questions about RAW ?
« Last Edit: 12 / March / 2013, 10:49:27 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 12 / March / 2013, 16:01:23 »
First of all thanks for your time, i appreciate a lot.

"Actually, CHDK does not modify you camera's firmware in any way.  It load in RAM and dissapears each time you reset your camera."

I understund this.

"Are you trying to look over the USB cable or with a card reader?"

Over usb cable, from card reader i cant see the second partition.

"Your pictures are stored on the 2nd partition you created (as mentioned above).  Windows does not recognize dual partition SD cards - it only sees the primary partition.   Go to the CHDK Misc menu and look for the "swap partition" option to make the second partition primary so your PC can see it.

More information about this is here - scan down to the 4th paragraph :  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Prepare_your_SD_card#A_Deep_Dive_into_the_Boot_Process"

I changed the partition as you told me and now the firmware does'nt loading, maybe i must do the swap with the utility again

Also i noticed in misc menu an option view dng images via usb cable and cheked, but  i cant verify if it works because i have the previous problem and my card reader is at my office  :'(

« Reply #3 on: 12 / March / 2013, 16:33:02 »
I changed the partition as you told me and now the firmware does'nt loading, maybe i must do the swap with the utility again
Yes.   

Or if you place the ps.fi2 file on both partitions,  you can boot the camera using the firmware update method regardless of the partition order and then use CHDK to swap the partitions back.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline reyalp

« Reply #4 on: 14 / March / 2013, 00:29:03 »
Or if you place the ps.fi2 file on both partitions
Since A560 is a vxworks camera, the file will be PS.FIR
Don't forget what the H stands for.