UltraHDR.lua - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

UltraHDR.lua

• 10 Replies
UltraHDR.lua
« on: 17 / March / 2013, 13:07:23 »
Advertisements
I've started adding a few "universal" scripts to the User Written Scripts.  Something a little more sophisticated than the basic four scripts included with CHDK but still simple to understand and use on all CHDK cameras (no customized keypress or propset use).

Here's the first - http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Ultra_HDR_Script

At some point I will reformat that page so that its easier for people to identify the "universal" scripts.

Edit :  updated script file attached per corrections below.
« Last Edit: 13 / June / 2015, 21:25:03 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline lapser

Re: UltraHDR.lua
« Reply #1 on: 17 / March / 2013, 13:53:57 »
Very nicely written script!

Here's another useful option for scripts:

@param p Log File
@default p 0

print_screen(p)
EOS-M3_120f / SX50_100b / SX260_101a / G1X_100g / D20_100b
https://www.youtube.com/user/DrLapser/videos

« Reply #2 on: 19 / April / 2015, 22:13:34 »
This script works very well for me. I am using this for all my HDRs.

However I noticed a bug.

ev=get_ev()  --- Due to this , the ev valus is set to whatever value it was during the end of the previous execution.

ex) Say I have a 5 stop the script cycles between -192 , -96 , 0 , 96 , 192 . The next time I execute the script it starts with -96 , and not -192 .  I had to power off and power on my camera each time. I am not a programmer , but I figured out by making ev = 0 , instead of ev=get_ev() during the start of the script , the issue is fixed.

« Reply #3 on: 19 / April / 2015, 22:33:53 »
However I noticed a bug.
ev=get_ev()  --- Due to this , the ev valus is set to whatever value it was during the end of the previous execution.
Nice catch - I had not noticed this before. Once the script sets an Ev adjustment value,  it "sticks" after the script finishes. Unless you have an external Ev adjust dial like the G series of cameras.  Which is probably why I missed this when I tested it on my G10.

And I got really confused when I downloaded the script attached to the first post in this thread and notice that there is not a get_ev() function used anywhere in the script.  Then I realized that as some point,  I added an ev adjustment mode to the script version posted it on the wiki but did not update this (forgotten) thread.

FWIW - the bug only affects HDR shooting when you select the "Ev_Adj" mode of shooting.  The other modes are not affected.

I'm not so sure about your fix though.  The correct answer is to reset the ev-adjust value when the script terminates to the value it had when the script started. I'll update the wiki version to include this and update the attached older version from this thread.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 19 / April / 2015, 22:55:10 by waterwingz »

« Reply #4 on: 24 / April / 2015, 21:45:06 »
You are correct. The ev should be the original value when the script started.

« Reply #5 on: 24 / April / 2015, 21:48:57 »
You are correct. The ev should be the original value when the script started.
The script was updated on that assumption.

« Reply #6 on: 26 / April / 2015, 07:05:04 »
waterwingz, unless I'm mistaken, the attached script in the 1st post still mentions v2.

« Reply #7 on: 26 / April / 2015, 09:57:01 »
waterwingz, unless I'm mistaken, the attached script in the 1st post still mentions v2.
The filename said v3 but the code was v2.  I just uploaded it again and now both are v3.

Very strange.

« Reply #8 on: 10 / June / 2015, 02:25:06 »
Thanks for incorporating my comments in the EV . The script works great.
I just tried out some night HDR with Shutter mode in your script. It is great. Just wanted to share the feedback.
Thanks again for such a wonderful script. Helps people like me who cannot afford a DSLR.

If time permits , please checkout my photos at http://www.captureminnesota.com/users/vasanthtcs  . I have used your script for most of them.

« Reply #9 on: 13 / June / 2015, 20:52:32 »
Hi .. I leave the raw setting as default. I know my camera is not set to shoot raw. But still I see RAW photos getting created when I use this script. Do you know if the raw setting is tested ?