Ultimate rechargable AA batteries for Canon camera ? - page 2 - General Chat - CHDK Forum

Ultimate rechargable AA batteries for Canon camera ?

• 14 Replies

Offline Davo

Re: Ultimate rechargable AA batteries for Canon camera ?
« Reply #10 on: 24 / March / 2013, 14:58:47 »
Advertisements
I bought this neat 1 hour charger with 4x 2300mAH AAs for my A810.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B001P8OCCS/ref=wms_ohs_product?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Each pair gives 2.9V which gives me about 4 hours of continuous video recording. I have just tried it up with the stock intervalometer at 1 second interval and got 4,800 16MP fotos over 4h45m.

I used to think that AAs were a drawback in cameras but I can see they have many advantacges over li-ons.

The charger also identifies any dud batteries which explains a lot of the problems I have had with my other gadgets.

« Reply #11 on: 24 / March / 2013, 15:09:26 »
I used to think that AAs were a drawback in cameras but I can see they have many advantacges over li-ons.
The principal advantage from my perspective is that when travelling,  I can pretty much always find AA batteries at any gas station, convenience store, etc.    Can't do that with proprietary batteries.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #13 on: 25 / March / 2013, 18:34:20 »
I'm new here, but what I know about this is ; It is what you want to be able to do.
 So if you want to do something differently (eg one photo every holiday) the answer is different to ; I want 2 AA batteries to last the whole honeymoon.
  For me, for what I may want to do, I carry 2 very good disposables (can go in radio/torch whatever) and use 2 for a £1 rechargeables all the time, carry as many as. I got recommended the £world batteries and they (for my use) are a terrific bargain. I cannot justify the cost of being able to keep fully charged batteries - but I would if I was offgrid!

« Reply #14 on: 13 / May / 2013, 23:38:50 »
I've seen A LOT of bad reviews about SXxxx on amazon saying that they get 10 shots with all kinds of batteries/rechargeables before they die. Well, when I used the SX130 for the first time, I put in fresh energizer 2300mah NiMh rechargeables and they lasted ~4 hours until it turned off itself. Half the time I was taking pics or video, the other half the camera was idling on. After 3 hours I was pretty bored and ran out of ideas about what to take pics of. Similar rayovacs work kind of the same.
My guess is they used 1500mah batteries or some really old ones.