My new remote - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum  

My new remote

• 6 Replies
My new remote
« on: 02 / April / 2013, 13:46:44 »
Advertisements
Hi.
I'm new in this forum, and came here first saying thank You to all your effort.
I came because the remote control for my PS A1200, and here it is:

I used a USB extension cable, a momentary button and a half of a 9 Volt alkaline battery (carefully disassembled) and the body or a board marker.
Work Ok :)
Now I have problems to take manual photography. May be I don't understand at all the menu.
How can I take long exposition photos with the alternate menu?

Thanx for all

Re: My new remote
« Reply #1 on: 02 / April / 2013, 15:00:20 »
Very nice looking project!

To take long exposures, go to the Extra Operations menu ( Enhanced Operations in some versions) and set the Tv override value.

You need to exit <ALT> mode to actually  take the picture - the override values you set in <ALT> mode become active when you leave <ALT> mode.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #2 on: 02 / April / 2013, 21:13:27 »
Nice  8)

It's working now.

Thank you waterwingz !

This are some similar constructive elements, than the used for the remote (excluded the AA battery).
« Last Edit: 02 / April / 2013, 21:29:44 by AleSeg »

« Reply #3 on: 02 / April / 2013, 22:29:16 »
I like the trick about dissassembling the 9V battery the best.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Offline bill.sikes.7

• sx130_1.01c
« Reply #4 on: 03 / April / 2013, 01:29:46 »
Could you use half of a rechargeable 9-volt (actually 7.2v) battery and recharge it through the usb connector?

« Reply #5 on: 03 / April / 2013, 09:53:40 »
Could you use half of a rechargeable 9-volt (actually 7.2v) battery and recharge it through the usb connector?
I think that isn't good idea to recharge the battery in direct connection from a USB out. All the the devices you pug in a USB to get charge have an internal charger circuit, because USB only outputs +5 Volt fixed with a limited current, but don't regulate the voltage as a charger must do.
Yo can charge via the USB connector but not in a real standard USB connector from a computer, nor a charger that emulates the standard.

See you

Offline bill.sikes.7

• sx130_1.01c
« Reply #6 on: 03 / April / 2013, 11:02:12 »
I think that isn't good idea to recharge the battery in direct connection from a USB out. All the the devices you pug in a USB to get charge have an internal charger circuit, because USB only outputs +5 Volt fixed with a limited current, but don't regulate the voltage as a charger must do.
Yo can charge via the USB connector but not in a real standard USB connector from a computer, nor a charger that emulates the standard.

See you
Agreed.  I was thinking maybe a usb hub/outlet could be wired into a regulated smart charge device and used as a charger for the remote.  This would eliminate the task of needing to continually disassemble batteries to replace the power source in the remote.
By the way... nice remote.