Canon S100 and up - page 2 - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

Canon S100 and up

• 11 Replies
Re: Canon S100 and up
« Reply #10 on: 08 / April / 2013, 20:34:10 »
Advertisements
You will like my most minimal system (Changeset 0)  ... it does not do anything .. just boots with a locked card.
Changeset 1 autoruns motion detection.
Sadly, we are now at changeset 35  :)
You've discovered version control?  :) 

Unrelated note - are you going to post your autoit code for the ptp work you did but have given up on?
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

Re: Canon S100 and up
« Reply #11 on: 12 / April / 2013, 07:50:54 »

Unrelated note - are you going to post your autoit code for the ptp work you did but have given up on?

At the moment, the AutoIt code is in no state for publishing, it needs a lot of cleaning up.
At the time, I knew how it worked .. of course .. now it would require a lot of study.
Yes, I know it should have been well commented.
In addition, for reasons stated below, it will be of little practical value.

SDMConGui communicates with SDMCon (Console mode).
That communicates with SDM.
The CHDK PTP philosophy is to enable as much PTP functionality in scripts as possible.
The SDM PTP implementation puts a lot of the functionality in hard-coded SDM commands.
Those commands no longer exist in the Release version.

I may clean it up one day but with Spring just starting there are far more important things to do like finishing three camera enclosures I will be leaving in woodland for two weeks.

(A620's powered by 12AH 6V lead-acid batteries and display blanked by means of DISPLAY button to reduce current to 50 mA).
« Last Edit: 12 / April / 2013, 08:54:19 by Microfunguy »