Two questions: ISO overide and battery indicator on s100 - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Two questions: ISO overide and battery indicator on s100

• 2 Replies
Two questions: ISO overide and battery indicator on s100
« on: 20 / November / 2012, 15:24:06 »
Advertisements
Hello forum,

Pretty new to CHDK, thanks for creating such an awsome hack. have enjoyed playing with it so far and have already taken some excellent images.  Two things that i have noticed.  The battery % indicator shows that i have 40-43% when my battery dies.  Thoughts?

Also, when i override the ISO, with for example 2 factor 100, I thought that i am taking pictures with iso 200, however when i look at the data embeded with the pic it says that i am at ISO 320. Similarly whne i use ISO 4 factor 100 it returns ISO 640  even though the overide display indicates that it is at ISO 200 or 400 etc.  Have I missed something?  Any and all help would be appreciated.

Thanks

wj

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
Re: Two questions: ISO overide and battery indicator on s100
« Reply #1 on: 23 / November / 2012, 01:19:45 »
Hello & welcome !

The battery % indicator shows that i have 40-43% when my battery dies.  Thoughts?
You can adjust the range (max & min battery voltage) from the CHDK menu:
* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Battery

Also, when i override the ISO, with for example 2 factor 100, I thought that i am taking pictures with iso 200, however when i look at the data embeded with the pic it says that i am at ISO 320.
The Canon ISO values are "marketing" ones, CHDK uses "real" values...
* http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/CHDK_User_Manual#Override_ISO_value
The relationship marketing <--> real ISO is not really linear, but you can use a factor of 1.6

Offline topshot

• S100
Re: Two questions: ISO overide and battery indicator on s100
« Reply #2 on: 15 / April / 2013, 16:15:16 »
The battery % indicator shows that i have 40-43% when my battery dies.  Thoughts?
I just loaded CHDK on my S100 and noted the default values for voltage max/min are not that accurate IMHO. I have 3 different new batteries (incl the OEM one) and it seems values of 3950 or 3975 for voltage max and 3250 to 3350 for voltage min would be more accurate (depending on how much warning if any you'd like before the camera shuts off).