Blocking acces to photos by using a code. - Feature Requests - CHDK Forum

Blocking acces to photos by using a code.

• 4 Replies
Blocking acces to photos by using a code.
« on: 06 / April / 2008, 12:19:27 »
Advertisements
Lets say we take a photo which should not be seen by any other person. Option that allows to hide such photos, which would become visible or downloadable only after entering code (4-10 digits) would be usefull.
So no code, we cannot see or download photos marked as secret like they have never existed. We enter menu, put the code and if it is correct, we can se secret photos.
Of course, it will not protect photos by downloading through card reader, unless JPG and RAW data would be changed in a way that makes their reading impossible.

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
Re: Blocking acces to photos by using a code.
« Reply #1 on: 06 / April / 2008, 12:28:18 »
Workaround for now:
Currently you can create a folder outside main DCIM structure and use FileBrowser to select and move (cut-paste) files there.
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #2 on: 06 / April / 2008, 12:46:36 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:22:59 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #3 on: 07 / April / 2008, 10:07:43 »
Not the nice way to handle cards! :D
But the only really save way.

« Reply #4 on: 09 / September / 2009, 14:14:52 »
I'm looking for a feature like this too.  I would like to enable a "secure mode" switch in settings, so every video/picture taken will be saved to a folder out of DCIM.

Also, a trash, or recycle bin would be useful. This way, you can "delete" a picture and it would be moved to a RECYCLED folder instead of removed from card.