Getting close on the SD450 1.00d...HELP! - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum  

Getting close on the SD450 1.00d...HELP!

• 21 Replies
Re: Getting close on the SD450 1.00d...HELP!
« Reply #10 on: 14 / April / 2008, 19:12:36 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:57:43 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #11 on: 14 / April / 2008, 19:55:22 »
I just figured out how to use that feature :)   This one allows taking pictures of anything without turning off!

Can someone check it out and let me know what works?  So far everything works for me.

EDIT: LINK REMOVED, FILE IS NOW IN TRUNK.
« Last Edit: 13 / May / 2008, 18:01:53 by kennyb03 »

« Reply #12 on: 15 / April / 2008, 14:45:21 »
I'll give this a whirl as soon as I get home tonight.  Should be around 7pm or so EST.

*Edit   4/15/08  7:06pm EST*

Ok.  I just tried it out and it appears to work fine.  The "app" loads fine and gives me the menu and options of CHDK.  I'll go ahead and test the [admin: avoid swearing please] out of it to make sure the features work.  Thank you so much for getting this to a working state!!!
« Last Edit: 15 / April / 2008, 19:07:46 by Kalamets »

« Reply #13 on: 16 / April / 2008, 00:49:15 »
Well, it almost works fine.  After taking shots with a script, it freezes until you either press the shutter button and cancel the script or the <ALT> button to switch modes.  (If you then press <ALT> again, the script continues.)  Everything else seems to work, though I don't see any indicator that I'm using RAW mode.
Thnik about it!
DeadlyDad

« Reply #14 on: 16 / April / 2008, 00:54:45 »
yeah Deadly, as soon as I tried some of the scripts, I was disappointed.  Only a few of them worked, so I opened them up to see why some worked and others didn't.  It looks like any of the scripts that have the "shoot" command don't work correctly.  Just change shoot to click "shoot_full" in the scripts you want to use.

Also, to shoot in RAW, press ALT then DISP.  You'll see the raw picture remaining count on the lower right of the screen.

Question for developers: should the default scripts work on all cameras?
« Last Edit: 16 / April / 2008, 00:59:32 by kennyb03 »

« Reply #15 on: 18 / April / 2008, 02:50:49 »
Hello, I just tried the CHDK and it worked. I took some RAW shots but when I tried to import the photos in Lightroom, it said the .CRW files were damaged/unknown format. I'll see if I need to download a new adobe ACR.

« Reply #16 on: 18 / April / 2008, 17:40:32 »
you need this: DNG4PS-2

it'll convert the CRW to DNG, which lightroom can open

« Reply #17 on: 06 / May / 2008, 17:36:24 »
Hmmmmm.....I've figured out why the v1.00D scripts don't seem to work properly; there doesn't seem to be a 'pause-the-script-until-the-shot-has-finished-being-taken' routine enabled.  Unless I tell the script to sleep after taking each shot, it just continues, dropping any shoot commands that it comes across if they occur while the current shot is still finishing.  This isn't a project killer, but it is definitely an annoyance.  How hard would automatically pausing be to implement?  (I'm assuming that there isn't a setting that I haven't come across yet, which is entirely possible.)
Thnik about it!
DeadlyDad

« Reply #18 on: 10 / May / 2008, 00:12:42 »
This is awesome! If you can get this working, many of us will be really grateful. Looking forward to strapping my camera to my bike and doing some intervalometer videos...

Are you guys aware of the existence of a previous 1.00d build? I found and downloaded it, and either i'm not very smart, or it also doesn't really work. The half-shutter + button shortcuts don't seem to work right, and I can't take pics with the write-protect switch enabled, as I believe I should be able to.

Here's the file:

StereoData Maker

(scroll down to Download, then IXUS55/SD450/IXY60/100d )

« Reply #19 on: 13 / May / 2008, 18:14:28 »
yeah andylane, I didn't see that one until recently, so I'm not sure if they just modified my code, or if they did it on their own.  I put my work in the trunk now and it works just like any other camera on this autobuild download page:

CHDK Download

The only "problem" is in the scripts - many don't work without some editing.  To fix them, just change shoot to click "shoot_full" in the scripts you want to use.