ELPH 110 HS - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum

ELPH 110 HS

• 14 Replies
ELPH 110 HS
« on: 06 / May / 2013, 14:54:32 »
Advertisements
I just bought an ELPH 110 HS and I thought that it would be "easy" to get CHDK for it! Except that it turned out that it version D instead of the E version of the firmware (this was confirmed by ACID and CameraVersion)

Also for some reason, although there was an E version of the software, still the main website reported that "CHDK is not available for the ELPH 110 HS yet"!

So what is this firmware dump business?? --- can someone provide some documentation if I could update my version D to E firmware with dump?

Marty Habicht

Offline reyalp

Re: ELPH 110 HS
« Reply #1 on: 06 / May / 2013, 15:57:27 »
Also for some reason, although there was an E version of the software, still the main website reported that "CHDK is not available for the ELPH 110 HS yet"!
Thanks for pointing that out, looks like someone forgot to update it when the port was added.

So what is this firmware dump business?? --- can someone provide some documentation if I could update my version D to E firmware with dump?
No, you cannot update the firmware using a dump. A dump is only used as a reference to create a compatible version of CHDK. If there isn't already one for your firmware version, you can get one by following the instructions at: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Canon_Basic/Scripts/Dumper and post it on a file sharing site.

There is some chance the E version will work on your D camera. You can try it, the worst that is likely to happen is that the camera will crash and require you to take the battery out (Of course, there is never any guarantee for any use of CHDK)
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #2 on: 06 / May / 2013, 18:00:38 »
Unfortunately, the E version does not work for the D version of the firmware. I tried !! Can I get an update from Canon directly --- I don't know what I will tell about why? but can I get it from them? or can I buy another camera with the E version and then update the D version...

« Reply #3 on: 06 / May / 2013, 19:08:18 »
Unfortunately, the E version does not work for the D version of the firmware. I tried !! Can I get an update from Canon directly --- I don't know what I will tell about why? but can I get it from them? or can I buy another camera with the E version and then update the D version...
Canon does not provide firmware updates unless there is a serious bug.   So its unlikely you will get a firmware update.

If you are wiling to do some detailed testing, you might find somebody kind enough to port the E version code for your D camera.
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #4 on: 06 / May / 2013, 19:59:12 »
I willing to do testing !! but  can I buy another camera with the E version and then update the D version... I'm intending to have multiple cameras anyways...

Marty

Offline nafraf

« Reply #5 on: 06 / May / 2013, 20:15:48 »
If you are wiling to do some detailed testing, you might find somebody kind enough to port the E version code for your D camera.
100D is ported, Source code is in svn repository, but it has not been tested.

I willing to do testing !! but  can I buy another camera with the E version and then update the D version...
No. Firmware downgrade is not possible.
I'll send you a private message with the link to CHDK for your ELPH110HS (IXUS125) 100d.  Please test it and report....

I'm intending to have multiple cameras anyways...
Multiple?  n>2?

« Reply #6 on: 06 / May / 2013, 20:48:35 »
Yes ! multiple n>>2!!

I'm a newbie when it comes to CHDK, however I have 15 years of programming experience mainly with Visual Basic , and then later on C++.

but what exactly do I have to test?? Is there a script?

Marty

PS thanks for the help!!!

Offline nafraf

« Reply #7 on: 06 / May / 2013, 20:54:45 »
Yes ! multiple n>>2!!
Do you have the exact value of n? :)  Are you trying to sync all cameras?

I'm a newbie when it comes to CHDK, however I have 15 years of programming experience mainly with Visual Basic , and then later on C++.

but what exactly do I have to test?? Is there a script?

Marty

PS thanks for the help!!!
Start with the test scripts:  http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Testing
Btw, I sent you a private message with the link and the instructions to load CHDK.

EDIT
You can find information about ixus125 porting here: ELPH 110 HS (IXUS 125 HS) Porting Thread

« Reply #8 on: 06 / May / 2013, 21:29:41 »
Yes. n has not yet been determined but it will be between 5 and 10... I having some hardware designed to specifically do this (synchronize that is )

I'm looking at  the test scripts right now and I will tell you whether I will manage to learn lua !!

\marty

« Reply #9 on: 07 / May / 2013, 08:23:25 »
No. Firmware downgrade is not possible.
I'll send you a private message with the link to CHDK for your ELPH110HS (IXUS125) 100d.  Please test it and report....

I'm not downgrading. I want to buy an "E" version and use it to upgrade the "D" version that I already have to the new "E" version. Is that possible?