(again)noise in long exposures or about almost "bulb mode" - page 2 - General Chat - CHDK Forum

(again)noise in long exposures or about almost "bulb mode"

• 20 Replies
Re: (again)noise in long exposures or about almost "bulb mode"
« Reply #10 on: 13 / April / 2008, 08:38:53 »
Advertisements
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:38:14 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #11 on: 13 / April / 2008, 11:40:29 »
Thank you, but I think anybody knows that this is not the answer I expected! :D

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #12 on: 14 / April / 2008, 13:53:05 »
(Just summing up my questions and solutions:)
For discussion: I think you need a new blackframe for every series,
what do you think?

I did the actual series of pictures first and then took the darkframe with same settings and lens-cap on.
I think it's already much better thinking about time compared to in-camera NR, but if we could take the darkframe automatically with a script, without having to put a "lens-cap" on would be even better.
Any ideas on how that is done by the camera, and how to do it with CHDK?
(So is there a function to through a "lens-cap" in(camera-itself no external hardware), that would make it even easyer?)

If I'm getting ready I could make a small how-to for the wikia what do you think?

« Reply #13 on: 14 / April / 2008, 17:20:18 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:38:36 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #14 on: 14 / April / 2008, 19:43:05 »
* Barney Fife hands out boxes of sparklers, all around. So they can practice their air-handwriting, their air-writing skills are just awful. :D Plus, sparklers would provide much more interesting effects. To "turn off" a sparkler between letters, he also hands out large cards that they can hold between sparkler and camera during the exposure. He also includes below some grade-school handwriting letter-charts so they can use them for backward air-writing practice. :haha :D

(oops, I forgot Vv and Ww, but since those are the same in upper and lower case, and the same as backward and forward, no big loss :) )

Erm... the letters are reversed, how am I supposed to use that?

:D

Dark frame after each shot... why?

« Reply #15 on: 14 / April / 2008, 19:59:17 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:39:06 by Barney Fife »

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #16 on: 15 / April / 2008, 17:19:40 »
good you didnt start that business, the forum wouldnt be same, with barney being a multimillionaire and the forum being deserted :D

a lil offtopic:
How to Enter the Ghetto Matrix (DIY Bullet Time) - Instructables - DIY, How To, tech, art
they built a "cheap bullet time machine". i guess with chdk and sdm it would have been even easier. it also is about graffiti artists painting with light, so it remotely has to do with jetzts air-writing :)

« Reply #17 on: 15 / April / 2008, 19:14:01 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:39:35 by Barney Fife »

« Reply #18 on: 15 / April / 2008, 19:43:59 »
Production-cost overhead is usually a case of imported beer, and of course the time spent finding animal tracks to include in the signature.

Do you use the beer directly or pass it through your metabolism?

Offline jetzt

• [A710IS,(SD200)]
« Reply #19 on: 18 / April / 2008, 12:46:45 »
Production-cost overhead is usually a case of imported beer, and of course the time spent finding animal tracks to include in the signature.

Do you use the beer directly or pass it through your metabolism?

:haha I think that is the direct way, no one can "shoot" so constant :D.