ixus50/sd400 ver 101a & 101b CHDK Port (Finished) - page 2 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

ixus50/sd400 ver 101a & 101b CHDK Port (Finished)

• 81 Replies
Re: ixus50/sd400 CHDK Port - Beta version
« Reply #10 on: 08 / April / 2008, 07:25:33 »
Advertisements
waldo

I modified the blinker application with the sd400 values and this is the link to that file:
blink_sd400.zip - 0.41MB

It is setup to use the AF Beam LED on this addresss 0xC02200EC (same as SD300). This and the camera Version No are the only values that need to be changed.

Try to use the PS1.FIR and PS2.FIR do dump the camera firmware. Each file will only dump half of the firmware.

Hope this will help.

Offline waldo

« Reply #11 on: 08 / April / 2008, 14:06:45 »
I dumped my 1.01B firmware.  It's not so bad if you solder wires to the LED - I used a 115.2k baud rate so it only took 6 minutes to dump the whole 4MB.  Looking at the dump with IDA, it looks like it's the same as 1.01A up to a point, but it adds some new code and ends up being 80 bytes longer.  At least half the functions would have different addresses, so it's not surprising the 1.01A port did not work.

sd400_101b.zip - 1.31MB

« Reply #12 on: 09 / April / 2008, 06:56:26 »
Hi all, new too this... but let me know when there is a beta for 1.01b and i'll give it a go :)

Thanks

« Reply #13 on: 09 / April / 2008, 11:24:49 »
Registered just to say thanks, and good luck with the port. I'm keeping an eye on this daily!

« Reply #14 on: 13 / April / 2008, 04:22:38 »
I started porting the CHDK on the ixus50 / sd400 ver 101a camera. I have some progress of the porting and here are the beta files located:
Items not working at the moment:
- Video mode (movie_rec.c is not updated)
- Can't start games
hi!

first of all: many thanks for the great development.

i could manage to get everything up and running as far as running the CHDK is concerned. interval scripting works like a charme, bracketing, too.

but there is one thing, that does not work (and which i would need): the remote USB button.

i activated it in the ALT menu and got remote.bas running - nothing happens, when i connect the USB cable to the laptop (which should bring the required voltage to the camera).

do you have any ideas, why?

regards, hans.

ps: forgot to say: firmware 1.01a

« Reply #15 on: 15 / April / 2008, 19:11:19 »
Hi All

I just moved the port to the latest version of the trunk files. Here are the new beta files located:

ixus50_sd400-trunk.zip v0.02
Note: Check the first post for the latest version of the file

Known Issues at the moment:
- Video mode (movie_rec.c is not updated)
- Can't start games (modemap table in main.c is not updated)

hans
Would you like to try the remote with the new files. I think the previous version of the files didn't had the code for the usb remote (derived from the sd500 files).

Everyone is welcome to test the port and improve it.

Many Thanks

« Last Edit: 21 / April / 2008, 10:15:15 by mproko »

« Reply #16 on: 16 / April / 2008, 02:16:01 »
Quote from: mproko
Would you like to try the remote with the new files. I think the previous version of the files didn't had the code for the usb remote (derived from the sd500 files).

i will try it out this evening.

Quote from: mproko
Everyone is welcome to test the port and improve it.

tried to set up a build environment yesterday, to be able to compile it myself (on windows). finally i managed to compile everything without errors (including the merged in ixus50_sd400 files), but the result was not good... the camera just switched off, when loading the CHDK via "Firm update...".

but i'll stay connected! ;)

regards, hans.

« Reply #17 on: 16 / April / 2008, 10:45:05 »
tried to set up a build environment yesterday, to be able to compile it myself (on windows). finally i managed to compile everything without errors (including the merged in ixus50_sd400 files), but the result was not good... the camera just switched off, when loading the CHDK via "Firm update...".

Try to use the files from the last archive (ixus50_sd400-trunk.zip v0.02). Files from the previous archive when where used with the latest trunk version caused the camera to crash (black screen). I had to rework some of the files in order to work.

Only file I missed to include in the archive is the updated "camera.h" file located in trunk\include\direcoty location. Just need to copy the whole section for sd450 and rename it correctly.

Reagards
mproko

« Reply #18 on: 16 / April / 2008, 12:59:38 »
Try to use the files from the last archive (ixus50_sd400-trunk.zip v0.02). Files from the previous archive when where used with the latest trunk version caused the camera to crash (black screen). I had to rework some of the files in order to work.
what should i say...

the new firmware works (except video and games) like a charm!
remote USB shooting is perfect, and also my own compiled version is working now.

thanks a lot mproko!

i still have too less knowledge, that i could make serious efforts on the video issue. but what i can do of course (and will do), is testing.

regards, hans.

« Reply #19 on: 16 / April / 2008, 16:50:00 »
Hi all,

I tried V2 on my IXUS400, won't start, power led is green, screen keeps black.
Checked the firmware and it's 2.00F ...

So what about 2.00F ?

If anyone can tell me how to do a dump I'll provide it  ;)