• 4 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
linux & fat16 4 GB cards
« on: 07 / April / 2008, 14:42:13 »
Advertisements
Hi,

anyone else got problems accessing files on a fat16 formatted 4 GB sdcard?
i formatted under windows via cmd. in windows i can access everything fine. in linux i can write firmware files fine and access SOME files. most of the files (images) cant be accessed though, and i'm afraid it's having to do with fat16. anyone else experiencing this? what can be done about/against this?

regards  & thanks in advance, phox

Re: linux & fat16 4 GB cards
« Reply #1 on: 08 / April / 2008, 02:34:02 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:35:15 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #2 on: 08 / April / 2008, 03:19:12 »
well i ordered the card because of one entry in the benchmarks, it's a "transcend 150X, 4GB". which performs nicely when you look at the results in the s3is benchmarks. i'm not sure it is the cards thats having problems or my OS in reading the card. in windows everything is fine, i guess windows doesnt give a sh*t about partition tables as they never did care for standards :D googling didnt help me yet, i assume it has to do with my linux box. or the cardreader driver, that is. damn :D
yes, i dont wanna lose the autobooting feature, and the speed. hm, dual partition, gonna try that. losing chdk settings wouldnt be such a problem. speaking of that, i think i'm gonna compile me an own chdk with my favourite default options already hardcoded in :)
and so can you, by the way, changing the default options is really really easy, basically you just have to know how to compile :)
maybe whim can include that into his windows autobuilding toolchain
https://tools.assembla.com/chdk/browser/trunk/core/conf.c <- starting in line 119
CONF_INFO(  1, conf.show_osd,               CONF_DEF_VALUE, i:1, NULL),
if you exchange the 1 for a 0, then the default setting will be "no osd shown". integer values generally mean "0 is off" and "1 is on". for colors you can either use the mnemonic names from https://tools.assembla.com/chdk/browser/trunk/core/gui_draw.h or directly the hexvalues (these can be taken from the chdk you have on your cam right now).
most settings in the conf.c file are selfexplaining.
on the sdcard issue, doesnt grAnd also run his system with linux? how do you do it?

edit: starting in line #346 you can also edit the default position for the osd elements :)
« Last Edit: 08 / April / 2008, 03:20:45 by PhyrePhoX »

« Reply #3 on: 08 / April / 2008, 04:26:32 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 16:35:32 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #4 on: 10 / April / 2008, 09:01:25 »
well, turns out the card wasnt the problem, the cardreader was. thanks to a tip by whim. on my linuxbox i have another cardreader than on my windows box, it never occurred to me that there could be a problem in the cardreader.

about the other stuff: you will see ;)