REMOTE USB: ENABLE SYNCH: script vs builtin function - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

REMOTE USB: ENABLE SYNCH: script vs builtin function

• 3 Replies
REMOTE USB: ENABLE SYNCH: script vs builtin function
« on: 22 / June / 2012, 05:09:00 »
Advertisements
Hi all,

I saw there's a synch version of the uSB remote command option, so that when I press the trigger the cam sets itself to shoot and then shoots only when I release the button.
This is the behaviour I need.
My wonder is: is it the same if I use this built-in option or if I use a handmade script that would be something like:

while (is_pressed("remote")) do
  // nothing
end

shoot()

I need this for a camera array (bullet time) prj so all shoots must be super-precisely synchronized. I was wondering which is the best method to ensure maximum synch.

thk all

Re: REMOTE USB: ENABLE SYNCH: script vs builtin function
« Reply #1 on: 22 / June / 2012, 07:16:08 »
I need this for a camera array (bullet time) prj so all shoots must be super-precisely synchronized. I was wondering which is the best method to ensure maximum synch.

Many SDM users create bullet sequences, no script is needed, the built-in functions work.

Someone is using a twelve-camera array tomorrow to photograph cars for the BBC's 'Top Gear' programme.

Synch is typically 1/5000 sec.

The twelve images are used for making stereo lenticular prints.

David

« Reply #2 on: 22 / June / 2012, 07:45:37 »
Many SDM users create bullet sequences, no script is needed, the built-in functions work.
The same capability is available in CHDK.  You might even  find the new CHDK version easier to use ( as I responded to one of your other posts ) especially as I don't believe SDM is available for your SX130.

Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

« Reply #3 on: 22 / June / 2012, 07:56:48 »
I don't believe SDM is available for your SX130.

Actually, it is but has not been officially released yet for reasons mentioned elsewhere.