chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 3 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline philmoz

• Photos
Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #20 on: 17 / May / 2011, 05:20:11 »
Advertisements
Using windows pre-built R57 version of chdkptp.exe (from https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents) with the latest lua files (R58) gives the following error when I try and connect to my G12.

Code: [Select]
C:\CHDK\chdkptp>chdkptp.exe -i -c
pcall failed 2
error C:\CHDK\chdkptp\lua\chdku.lua:799: attempt to index local 'con' (a boolean value)

Using the R57 lua files doesn't have this problem.

Phil.
CHDK ports:
  sx30is (1.00c, 1.00h, 1.00l, 1.00n & 1.00p)
  g12 (1.00c, 1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  sx130is (1.01d & 1.01f)
  ixus310hs (1.00a & 1.01a)
  sx40hs (1.00d, 1.00g & 1.00i)
  g1x (1.00e, 1.00f & 1.00g)
  g5x (1.00c, 1.01a, 1.01b)
  g7x2 (1.01a, 1.01b, 1.10b)

Offline reyalp

« Reply #21 on: 17 / May / 2011, 12:24:03 »
Yes, you'll need to build a binary if you use the latest lua files. I've started some major reorganization which is not complete.

I'd suggest sticking with r57 for the moment. The svn head should generally work, but I'm not making any promises.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #22 on: 02 / June / 2011, 11:07:36 »
reyalp,

Thanks for your answer in my post!

i am really interested in this proyect! because i want to implement a live view in the pc and a remote shot from the pc too.

I have some questions, so i would be very greatful if you could help me answering them:

I try to excecute the chdkptp.exe and it didnt work cause i dont have the libusb0.dll, so... where i can get it?

it is posible with this ptp client to do what i need (live view a remote shot form pc)???

which camera (not really expensive, max 500 dollars) would be the best option???

Thanks you in advance for your help, and sorry for all the questions, i am noob and want to learn and develop with this tools...

Offline reyalp

« Reply #23 on: 02 / June / 2011, 12:50:11 »
i am really interested in this proyect! because i want to implement a live view in the pc and a remote shot from the pc too.
Please understand that the chdkptp client is in an early stage of development, and the entire CHDK PTP project is quite experimental. If you want something that just works out of the box, this is probably not the solution for you.
I try to excecute the chdkptp.exe and it didnt work cause i dont have the libusb0.dll, so... where i can get it?
You need to install and configure the libusb-win32 driver. This is discussed somewhere in the ptp development thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php/topic,4338.0.html

Someone should really clean the instructions for this and put them in http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/PTP_Extension
it is posible with this ptp client to do what i need (live view a remote shot form pc)???
Live view over USB is currently not supported in CHDK.We plan to add this eventually, but there is no schedule.
which camera (not really expensive, max 500 dollars) would be the best option???
I have no opinion on this.

« Reply #24 on: 10 / June / 2011, 09:33:55 »
wow !! thank you very much !!
i tried this with a SX120 CHDK DE version and every thing seems to work ok. although i have not used it thoroughly it seems very quick - quicker than ptpcamgui at least - anyways thank you once again

the most important thing on my wish list now becomes a live preview 'mweerden' reports that
'At GitHub you can now find my patch for remote live preview as well as a CHDK PTP .NET library (+test app)....'

although ive not tried it im hoping it works

« Reply #25 on: 15 / August / 2011, 10:58:32 »
Hi,

I am trying to use chdkptp to control an sx130is and am not having much luck.  I built the latest version from the svn repository on ubuntu lucid and can connect to the camera.  Whenever I try to set the shooting mode or call shoot(), I get unexpected return code error. Sometimes the camera also needs to be rebooted.  For example:

con 7> =return require("capmode").get_name()
8:return:'PLAY'
con 8> =return require("capmode").valid("M")
9:return:true
con 9> =return require("capmode").set("M")
unexpected return code 0x2ff
unexpected return code 0x2ff
ERROR: failed

Incidentally, I am able to control this camera using the latest chdk-shell/ptpcamgui application on WinXP.  Thanks for your assistance!

-drew

Offline reyalp

« Reply #26 on: 16 / August / 2011, 01:20:34 »
con 7> =return require("capmode").get_name()
8:return:'PLAY'
con 8> =return require("capmode").valid("M")
9:return:true
con 9> =return require("capmode").set("M")
Before you can change shooting modes, you must first switch to record mode, using switch_mode_usb(1)

« Reply #27 on: 16 / August / 2011, 12:56:51 »

[/quote]
Before you can change shooting modes, you must first switch to record mode, using switch_mode_usb(1)

[/quote]

Trying to execute 'luar return switch_mode_usb(1)' also produces the unexpected return code 0x2ff error and causes the camera to disconnect.  This probably isn't the forum for it, but are there any examples of lua scripts that work on the sx130?

-drew

Offline reyalp

« Reply #28 on: 16 / August / 2011, 22:52:41 »
Trying to execute 'luar return switch_mode_usb(1)' also produces the unexpected return code 0x2ff error and causes the camera to disconnect.  This probably isn't the forum for it, but are there any examples of lua scripts that work on the sx130?
That's odd. What CHDK build are you using ?

In any case, if ptpcamgui works with this camera, it suggests the problem isn't entirely due to the port.

AFAIK John1234 in this thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6355.0 was using s130. He had some problems, but definitely had mode switching and shooting working.

I just tried the current version of chdkptp from on my linux system and didn't have any issues with mode switching my d10

When you say the camera disconnects, does it shut down, or simply stop talking to the client ? the 0x2ff error is just a generic error you get from libusb when it isn't able to talk to the camera, it doesn't really say anything about the cause.

« Reply #29 on: 18 / August / 2011, 16:37:15 »
That's odd. What CHDK build are you using ?

In any case, if ptpcamgui works with this camera, it suggests the problem isn't entirely due to the port.

AFAIK John1234 in this thread http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6355.0 was using s130. He had some problems, but definitely had mode switching and shooting working.

I just tried the current version of chdkptp from on my linux system and didn't have any issues with mode switching my d10

When you say the camera disconnects, does it shut down, or simply stop talking to the client ? the 0x2ff error is just a generic error you get from libusb when it isn't able to talk to the camera, it doesn't really say anything about the cause.

Currently using 101f-1.1.0-734 built on August 6, 2011.  After the 0x2ff error, the camera stops communicating and needs to be turned off and back on.  I finally got things to work, however. It seems the camera is sensitive to when you plug it into the usb port.  If we plug in before chdk is loaded, bad things happen ;)  Thanks for your help.

-drew