IXUS 100 IS cann't save RAW - RAW Shooting and Processing - CHDK Forum

IXUS 100 IS cann't save RAW

• 7 Replies
IXUS 100 IS cann't save RAW
« on: 06 / June / 2010, 01:29:48 »
Advertisements
I load firmware on IXUS 100IS already , i setup enable use RAW then take a photo and open on my computer appear that a file was fail ,t try all the file sav of .crw cr2 etc.   i don't know what happend , i think CHDK isn't work yet on  IXUS 100IS . how to use this firmware of IXUS 100IS .  :'(

Offline zeno

Re: IXUS 100 IS cann't save RAW
« Reply #1 on: 06 / June / 2010, 10:50:59 »
You won't see any raw photos if you connect the camera directly to a computer. You have to put the card in a card reader.
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 07 / June / 2010, 05:35:03 »
um'' I have to put the card in a card reader but File was fail. the meaning is i cann't take shoot the RAW file in IXUS100IS. although i will used CHDK Firmware. How to fix the problem?
« Last Edit: 07 / June / 2010, 05:37:27 by mr_waiyawit »

Offline fe50

• IXUS50 & 860, SX10 Star WARs-Star RAWs
    • fe50
« Reply #3 on: 07 / June / 2010, 07:45:41 »
um'' I have to put the card in a card reader but File was fail. the meaning is i cann't take shoot the RAW file in IXUS100IS. although i will used CHDK Firmware. How to fix the problem?
Make sure you've really enabled RAW capturing, also check the "Save RAW in JPEG directory" setting - if this is disabled, RAW files will always be saved in the DCIM\100CANON folder; for transfering etc. always use a card reader.

Also make sure to shot with a sequence of half-press (focusing) + full-press (shooting), otherwise no RAW image will be stored...

« Reply #4 on: 07 / June / 2010, 09:00:51 »
Thank for help , Now I can take Photo with Raw , But I cann't open it On every Program such as Picture Style Editor and Adobe Photoshop , I tried CRW and CR2 etc. Program inform Error file and fail , How to step for edit it?

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #5 on: 07 / June / 2010, 17:30:30 »
Thank for help , Now I can take Photo with Raw , But I cann't open it On every Program such as Picture Style Editor and Adobe Photoshop , I tried CRW and CR2 etc. Program inform Error file and fail , How to step for edit it?
CHDK RAWs are direct sensor data dumps, you can't open them in any Adobe application, also many other apps won't work with them - read more in the sticky threads in the RAW section, read also here.

Some newer apps could open the CHDK RAWs directly, e.g. RawTherapee or DCRaw-based apps --> more here: http://chdk.wikia.com/wiki/Software

I suggest to enable DNG RAW format in the CHDK RAW menu; most apps will work with the DNG files --> for DNG have a look to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Negative_%28file_format%29

--> Enable DNG support

I also suggest to read a bit in the CHDK user manual...

« Reply #6 on: 10 / June / 2010, 04:13:28 »
Thank fe50

now i used select "BADPIXEL.LUA" Script then take photo and got .DNG alreadly with .JPG was the same Picture too.  but i don'nt know  why my camera take shoot 2 time continuous of script.  Can it edit script "BADPIXEL.LUA"? because i need to take 1 time for shoot picture.

and now i forgot .RAW file and i used .DNG because it's easy for me.

many Thank :)

Offline fe50

• fe50
« Reply #7 on: 11 / June / 2010, 00:59:15 »
now i used select "BADPIXEL.LUA" Script then take photo and got .DNG alreadly with .JPG was the same Picture too.  but i don'nt know  why my camera take shoot 2 time continuous of script.  Can it edit script "BADPIXEL.LUA"? because i need to take 1 time for shoot picture.

The script takes 2 shoots & compare the results...
There's no need to edit the script, you have to run it only one time for a camera - the script just creates the "badpixel.bin" file needed for DNG creation.
With a new CHDK installation, e.g. on a new SD card, you can either run the script one time again, or you can copy the file "badpixel.bin" from your existing CHDK installation (and also the config file \CHDK\cchdk.cfg with your CHDK settings).

Note: for regular shooting you have to exit the CHDK <Alt> mode; you can "unload" the badpixel script by loading the script "default.bas" if you wish...