Is there a tool to convert G9 CHDK RAW to DNG? - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum

Is there a tool to convert G9 CHDK RAW to DNG?

• 8 Replies
Is there a tool to convert G9 CHDK RAW to DNG?
« on: 16 / August / 2010, 14:21:39 »
Advertisements
DNG4PS doesn't do it.

Re: Is there a tool to convert G9 CHDK RAW to DNG?
« Reply #1 on: 17 / August / 2010, 10:50:18 »
Anybody????

Offline wontolla

• S3 & G9 & A720
« Reply #2 on: 17 / August / 2010, 12:38:27 »
Unfortunately, according to my knowledge, no. There is no tool that converts G9 RAWs to DNG. ArtDen stopped developing this tool and it looks like there is no interest on updating it since the G9 produces its own Canon CR2 files.

What I would do in your shoes is download the DNG4PS source and try to include G9 RAW support myself. It might be easy it might be difficult but that is the way things get done in this comunity. "Feature requests" don't get much answers but if you try to do it yourself and get stuck, I bet you'll get the more experienced member's atention.

On the other hand, if you respond that you have absolutely no idea what "source code" is, then I recomend you find another way to achieve the JPG hot-pixel correction thing you are looking for. I bet you are not the first person to try to solve it and the solution must be out there, even if it is not CHDK.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 17 / August / 2010, 12:57:35 »
You can add a new camera in dng4ps2 without touching the code.

settings->camera types
find a model with a similar sensor and copy, update the parameters as needed.

calibration may leave something to be desired.
Don't forget what the H stands for.

« Reply #4 on: 17 / August / 2010, 16:34:50 »
I'll give it a try. Any idea which other Canon digicams used the same sensor as the G9?

Ah, the A650 IS of course! But I selected it and tried to convert a file. It just said once again "Error: Can't find camera profile for this file". But I have the A650 profile selected. Do I have to rename it?
« Last Edit: 17 / August / 2010, 16:42:12 by tony22 »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #5 on: 18 / August / 2010, 12:38:58 »
When I did this for D10, I just copied a camera that had the same size sensor and edited the other values. In my case, I had to adjust the bit depth, because the camera I copied was 10 bpp. I don't recall any problems.

Note I used the latest beta from http://code.google.com/p/dng4ps2/

« Reply #6 on: 18 / August / 2010, 17:47:59 »
But reyalp, the A650IS uses the exact same sensor as the G9. I'm not sure just what it is I'd have to edit.

That's the exact version of DNG4PS2 I'm using.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #7 on: 18 / August / 2010, 19:07:02 »
But reyalp, the A650IS uses the exact same sensor as the G9. I'm not sure just what it is I'd have to edit.

That's the exact version of DNG4PS2 I'm using.
Did you try copying it ?

The "camera name" on my copy matches the camera name in exif of the jpegs, not sure if this is required but it might be. The "short name" I think is just for the menu.

« Reply #8 on: 18 / August / 2010, 20:16:30 »
Woo-hoo! That was it! Thank you so much. And BTW you were right - I don't need CHDK RAW for the badpixel file to work. I looked at the EXIF data and the last time I tried it the shutter speed was 1 sec. The badpixel file that I made was at 1/8 sec!

Thank You Thank You!

Okay, so now is there a way to get the unmapped badpixels (the ones the camera doesn't already know about) to "correct" CR2 RAW files?
« Last Edit: 18 / August / 2010, 20:18:14 by tony22 »