• ML dev
Re: 500d development
« Reply #500 on: 16 / March / 2011, 09:30:23 »
Advertisements
Problem solved :)

Offline vorob

« Reply #501 on: 16 / March / 2011, 09:50:23 »
Well i was doing low level format back then and still camera was overheating. No logic.

alins

« Reply #502 on: 16 / March / 2011, 10:47:23 »
Does the property change from 0 to 3 and back? (displayed in upper-left corner)

Were you able to change ISO before? (I don't know how 500D works)

It may be worth trying to set that property to 1 or 2... not sure if it's safe to do.

Chuchin: Trammell's code is identical to call("lvae_setmoviemanualcontrol",1); except for debugging info.

I didn't see anything in the upper-left corner. i will try different values, see if something works. I "believe" i was able to change ISO before, now i'm not 100% sure..will have to test some more.

Trammell's code is using  EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode for which we _do_ have an entry in stubs. i also tried using this one and nothing so far. I was thinking to pass different values for  EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode, i tried only passing 0 and 1.

« Reply #503 on: 16 / March / 2011, 12:14:06 »
Judging by the disassembled code, passing a zero should give you this output in the debug log

[LVAE] EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode() >> OFF

and passing any other value should give

[LVAE] EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode() >> ON

However, the explicit value you send does get stored at some struct at 0x16828, with an offset of 0x5C within that struct (so at 0x16884, if I understand the disassembled code correctly). Maybe that gets read somewhere else and it does matter what actual value you send (but I doubt it tbh).

There is also a EP_SetManualExposureMode function at 0xFF203C04 which takes a similar argument (did not find this in the stubs file at alins' repository. That file looks very incomplete(?), there are a couple more EP_* functions in that address range). Maybe that has some effect? It sets a value in the same struct, but at offset 0x58.
Giving it a 0 should log:
[LVAE] EP_SetManualExposureMode() >> OFF
anything else should give:
[LVAE] EP_SetManualExposureMode >> ON
(yes, without the parentheses :P)

alins

« Reply #504 on: 16 / March / 2011, 12:32:33 »
i've seen EP_SetManualExposureMode and i tried passing 1 without any effect. I did NOT check the debug log, i will do that tonight, see if something is written there.

If you follow the xref to EP_SetManualExposureMode you will find a more complex subroutine that does a whole bunch of things, one of them being EP_SetManualExposureMode... haven't called this one because i believe it requires two parameters and i don't know yet what i need to pass

alins

« Reply #505 on: 16 / March / 2011, 22:30:08 »
Judging by the disassembled code, passing a zero should give you this output in the debug log

[LVAE] EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode() >> OFF

and passing any other value should give

[LVAE] EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode() >> ON

you where right, i see this in the log:

4583: 24066.870 [LVAE] EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode >> ON

now what?

alins

« Reply #506 on: 16 / March / 2011, 23:48:30 »
just for reference here's the code that i used to play with this:

Code: [Select]
static void
test_movie_manual_exp(void * priv)
{
    msleep( 2000 );
    //dump_vram();
    //dumpf();

DEBUG("JUST BEFORE ENABLING MOVIE MANUAL MODE");

// Try enabling manual video mode
    uint32_t enable = 1;
    EP_SetDebugLogMode( &enable );
    EP_SetLVAEDebugPort( &enable );
    EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode( &enable );
}

and yes, i see in the log: [LVAE] EP_SetMovieManualExposureMode() >> ON no matter what value i pass

Offline vorob

« Reply #507 on: 18 / March / 2011, 14:29:20 »
Guys, if open card slot and take off sd card and then, leaving tray opened, i turn on camera it won't start. And no matter what i'll do after it nothing will happen. If i turn it off and close tray, if i insert card... anything. Camera won't boot untill i'll take off battery.

What is it? Consequence of changing bootfag?
« Last Edit: 18 / March / 2011, 14:43:18 by vorob »

« Reply #508 on: 18 / March / 2011, 17:10:42 »
hmm looks like im not the only one who experienced that, any thoughts alins?

« Reply #509 on: 18 / March / 2011, 17:28:48 »
Can you guys make fine adjustments to the intervalometer so that it triggers every 0.5 seconds?