« Reply #530 on: 29 / March / 2011, 10:21:32 »
Advertisements
same

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
Re: 500d development
« Reply #531 on: 29 / March / 2011, 12:37:18 »
i got burned out when I tried to dive into things. it's way over my head lol. has anything big happened lately?
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

alins

« Reply #532 on: 29 / March / 2011, 16:00:40 »
i got burned out when I tried to dive into things. it's way over my head lol. has anything big happened lately?

This low level stuff is definitely out of my comfort zone, i never liked playing with bit masks and stuff as a result portions of ML code is just alien to me. Also ML code is pretty much undocumented which makes things a few orders of magnitude harder. I remember the first time i looked at the audio code i was thinking: whomever figure out this gazilion registries couldn't put a damn comment in the code what each thing does or at least a link to the documentation ?. (i'm sure somebody will point out that everything can be found on the mailing list..please don't)

my point is this: don't let it overwhelm you, take it slow, start by fixing (or implementing) very small things. definitely don't start by trying to improve FPS or trying to figure out how to enable manual control in movie mode.

If you are willing there are a couple of small things that you can work on: one will be to add support for a larger number of cropmark files. you just need to look into a predefined folder for files that end with bmp and add them into the menu list so people can select them...you know small things like this that while not huge in scope they are still important and by doing them you grow more confident in the the code base.

Offline Jamez

« Reply #533 on: 30 / March / 2011, 11:51:04 »
Hi,
New t1i owner here (better late than never eh!).
I was wondering, am I presuming its possible to port most of alex`s excellent t2i stuff to the t1i?
If so other than the 2 gentlemen above, is anyone aware of anyone else working on this, on any other forum etc?

Maybe we can bring everyone together to one place?
I wonder if AJ Newman wants a new camera....
For the record im in Japan and can get the t2i for a few hundred $ now.

Id like to help out but dont know C, C+, or any other programming language.
Am fluent in php, css, javascript etc but that doesnt really help here  ::)
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

« Reply #534 on: 30 / March / 2011, 20:33:45 »
greetings, thanks to all who have brought development to this point, seriously. i have 500d with latest build of ML 1.12 installed and as with all t1i owners, i cannot wait to see 24fps and audiolevels. i take my battery out after every shoot after reading earlier posts about guy w/no logic after leaving his in! again thank you so much for trying to make the t1i all that it can be. very glad to see alins say he was sticking with developing this upgrade, cannot wait to see next build... how do i change builds once it drops? thanks
roots

Offline PHrag

• Flickr
« Reply #535 on: 31 / March / 2011, 11:21:14 »
how do i change builds once it drops? thanks
just overwrite the autoexec.bin with a new one
Canon 500D (T1i)
EF-S 18-55 (kit)
Flickr

« Reply #536 on: 01 / April / 2011, 16:26:06 »
i take my battery out after every shoot after reading earlier posts about guy w/no logic after leaving his in! again thank you so much for trying to make the t1i all that it can be.

Removing the battery 3-10 times a day isn't a viable option. If you are a weekend shooter it may be ok but not for most people.

Furthermore by draining the battery completely (beyond the level where the camera asks for a new battery pack), you shorten your lithium battery's life and with ML you can't guarantee that this will never happen to you.

This is the fifth day without the ML bootflag and my batteries' life seems to have returned to normal levels.

« Reply #537 on: 01 / April / 2011, 18:42:06 »

« Reply #538 on: 02 / April / 2011, 09:13:48 »
It is a known issue and the answer is "remove the battery after shoot", so no point adding it there, it will only be tagged as invalid.

I just say that the "remove the battery" approach doesn't work for everyone and I am not a person without logic as suggested, that's all.

« Reply #539 on: 02 / April / 2011, 12:59:17 »
Until someone looks into it, which might take a while, it will still be an issue with using the current build of ML. It still needs to get ironed out, just hasn't yet though.