Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
Re: 500d development
« Reply #620 on: 11 / April / 2011, 03:24:43 »
Advertisements
New build: v1.14

Changes:
 - Added Mirror Lockup toggling in ML menu - Auto setting will automatically turn MLU on when drive mode is set to timer or remote.
 - Updated about page in menu, changed make file to make version specification easier for each  build (alins i need to setup mercurial for bitbucket now that i've changed the make file, you need it if you want to release further builds lol).

Tomorrow i'm gonna try to get some more easy things working - should be able to tackle bulb mode timer and maybe backlight brightness adjustment.

note for alo/htp: the 550d doesn't appear to have a custom function for auto lighting optimizer, so they set it using a prop_set to the alo property. i don't think this property is the same on the 500d (which explains alo/htp being broken atm), the 500d does however have a custom function for alo, so I think if I figure out some way to implement a new function to toggle alo, i should be able to get that to work. it's 4am and i have class in 7 hours, time for sleep. night everyone and let me know how it's working!
« Last Edit: 11 / April / 2011, 04:05:30 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #621 on: 11 / April / 2011, 03:44:59 »
mad props bro, hope your getting sleep haha

« Reply #622 on: 11 / April / 2011, 04:14:30 »
Hey nice work Coutts. Just made a new video using latest build of ML, my mic input mod, and my wireless mic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIhs3NEqEJk#

« Reply #623 on: 11 / April / 2011, 08:11:18 »
I lost track of this thread for a few days, but just so you know in the future: if you are running a linux terminal in a graphical environment, you can usually copy/paste by selecting the text (drag over it with mouse) = copy, and middle mouse button clicking in a text field where you want to paste that selection.

Alternatively you can just pipe the output from a command to a file, eg:

Code: [Select]
$ some_command > dump.txt
If it's a process that takes a lot of time, you can -- in a seperate terminal -- do:

$ tail -f dump.txt
to follow the progress.

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #624 on: 11 / April / 2011, 10:07:39 »
I lost track of this thread for a few days, but just so you know in the future: if you are running a linux terminal in a graphical environment, you can usually copy/paste by selecting the text (drag over it with mouse) = copy, and middle mouse button clicking in a text field where you want to paste that selection.

Alternatively you can just pipe the output from a command to a file, eg:

$ some_command > dump.txt
If it's a process that takes a lot of time, you can -- in a seperate terminal -- do:

$ tail -f dump.txt
to follow the progress.
i'm doing all of my arm-console work in a linux virtual machine inside windows, and compiling ML under windows. both of them don't allow me to select text and copy/paste, but I wish I would have known that command to dump the output to a file -_-

thanks for the future notice though.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

alins

« Reply #625 on: 11 / April / 2011, 10:44:13 »
hey coutts, if you use vmware you need to install vmware tools so vmware can communicate with windows clipboard. some thing for virtualbox.

i use vmware on windows and i can copy/paste just fine from the terminal.

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #626 on: 11 / April / 2011, 11:58:37 »
hey coutts, if you use vmware you need to install vmware tools so vmware can communicate with windows clipboard. some thing for virtualbox.

i use vmware on windows and i can copy/paste just fine from the terminal.
I don't use the virtual machine much, as I only need it for using the arm-console (i've been working on the C part of things lately). cygwin doesn't allow selecting text in the command prompt for some reason though.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #627 on: 11 / April / 2011, 12:09:30 »
Hey nice work Coutts. Just made a new video using latest build of ML, my mic input mod, and my wireless mic. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIhs3NEqEJk#

Lol, good job, You have quite the imagination!

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #628 on: 11 / April / 2011, 12:22:57 »
I updated bitbucket, for anyone curious to see what I've changed, take a look at the changeset:

https://bitbucket.org/alins/magic-lantern-for-500d/changeset/be45d09abb37
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline Jamez

« Reply #629 on: 11 / April / 2011, 12:28:44 »
Nice :)
I think its time to move it on from that "alpha" status, id say its at least beta with the next release...
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki