500d development

• 2487 Replies

Offline Coutts

• www.flickr.com/couttsphotog
    • Flickr
Re: 500d development
« Reply #840 on: 01 / May / 2011, 05:02:27 »
Advertisements
~17 hours straight today, heading to bed now. got the menus just about perfect now. they're as good as they're gonna get, and i think i'm happy with em finally. tomorrow i'll probably look into the intervalometer to see why that's not workin yet.i need sleep now.. night guys.
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

« Reply #841 on: 01 / May / 2011, 05:43:11 »
Once again bravo!, i just had a thought, it might be nothing or youve already thought of it but, Changing the shutter, iso and aperature when in live view under manual mode seems to behave like it would under movie mode if you could control it. Maybe theirs a way to replicate those calls under movie mode, because movie mode seems like basically live view but with recording. i dunno just a thought, i wish i have programming experience or the time to learn... and provide real help haha

« Reply #842 on: 01 / May / 2011, 12:30:58 »

Offline utnuc

« Reply #843 on: 01 / May / 2011, 12:45:50 »
I was working with my sigma 30/1.4 yesterday, taking some snapshots of my 5 month old... and had a brainstorm.  I have been dealing the the Sigma's front focus issue since I purchased it: I usually just try to focus on something behind the subject a centimeter or so, but that can be hard when shooting wide open, as the DOF is only a few centimeters close up.  

I know that you have a lot on your plate right now, Coutts, but I'd like to add something to the ML wishlist:  AF correction/adjustment.  Most lenses that miss focus do so predictably.  Once we have the other focus issues squared away (ie focus bracketing), then I think it'd be an easy addition.  Obviously this wasn't in the D5mk2 ML FW because the functionality is built into camera already.  

Anyone second this proposal?
Ben

PS Coutts, you should set up a Paypal account to accept donations... you might be surprised how many lurkers will send you some change.

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #844 on: 01 / May / 2011, 12:48:20 »
Once again bravo!, i just had a thought, it might be nothing or youve already thought of it but, Changing the shutter, iso and aperature when in live view under manual mode seems to behave like it would under movie mode if you could control it. Maybe theirs a way to replicate those calls under movie mode, because movie mode seems like basically live view but with recording. i dunno just a thought, i wish i have programming experience or the time to learn... and provide real help haha

while i was messing around with adding the live view sim toggle button, I found something that might set us closer to manual video controls. I remember while messing around with the prop_request_change command, I tried passing a different value to it (instead of 0 or 1, i tried 2), and the camera switched into waht it thought was movie mode (movie icon appeared in the lower right corner).. so maybe we could play around with this. really not sure yet, it's just going to be time until I better understand things.

i mean hell look how far i've come in the past month or 2 o_O. a couple months ago i was just another lurker on here cheering on the 500d progress. anyone can do what i'm doing, just have to be determined :)

I was working with my sigma 30/1.4 yesterday, taking some snapshots of my 5 month old... and had a brainstorm.  I have been dealing the the Sigma's front focus issue since I purchased it: I usually just try to focus on something behind the subject a centimeter or so, but that can be hard when shooting wide open, as the DOF is only a few centimeters close up. 

I know that you have a lot on your plate right now, Coutts, but I'd like to add something to the ML wishlist:  AF correction/adjustment.  Most lenses that miss focus do so predictably.  Once we have the other focus issues squared away (ie focus bracketing), then I think it'd be an easy addition.  Obviously this wasn't in the D5mk2 ML FW because the functionality is built into camera already. 

Ben

PS Coutts, you should set up a Paypal account to accept donations... you might be surprised how many lurkers will send you some change.
hah, well i guess if anybody REALLY feels like donating anything, my paypal is here:
Code: [Select]
andrewjohncoutts@gmail.com
i've thought about trying to unlock AF micro adjustments, I've spoken to Alex about it too. Now that he has a 60d (that has this adjustment), maybe we will be able to see how it is called in the firmware and possibly implement it if the functionality is really hidden in there.

if you guys have any more feature requests (inb4 manual video controls and 24p video), just add them to the bitbucket issue list as an enhancement request :)
https://bitbucket.org/alins/magic-lantern-for-500d/issues?status=new&status=open
« Last Edit: 01 / May / 2011, 12:51:10 by Coutts »
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline Jamez

« Reply #845 on: 01 / May / 2011, 13:22:32 »
Ben
AF adjustment/correction is called manual focus I believe ;)
At this point in time there are well over 50 enhancements/features of ML, less than 10% are working correctly on the 500D right now. Id rather the other 40 odd are working first.
Alex just killed his new 60D .

Coutt`s paypal donation will be on the wiki soon, along with a1ex`s.
Canon Kiss x3 Owner running...
Magic Lantern for 500D/T1i/Kiss X3
Canon EOS 500D/T1i - Magic Lantern Firmware Wiki

« Reply #846 on: 01 / May / 2011, 14:05:11 »
Alex will get a $25 donation from me as well. Both of you are doing great work and it is greatly appreciated by all of us!

« Reply #847 on: 01 / May / 2011, 15:04:15 »
@ James
will wait for you to update wiki with Coutts paypal donations link. hope this will motivate him and serve as a reward for all the countless hours spent working on this. At least he'll be able to buy chocolates  :) as he is not allowed to drink in order to reward himself for hard labour  :D thanx James for Wiki and thanx Coutts for all the work.

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #848 on: 01 / May / 2011, 15:09:31 »
thanks for the donations guys!!!
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr

Offline Coutts

• Flickr
« Reply #849 on: 01 / May / 2011, 21:06:00 »
fixed some things today :)

- fixed FIORemoveFile stub (thanks alex), config auto save toggles now
- silent pics almost working (it takes them but the lv address/pitch isn't right)
- menus just about perfected now

should be a new build coming soon. progress :)
Canon 5d
Canon 50mm f/1.8
Sigma 24mm f/1.8

Flickr