500d development - page 211 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #2100 on: 15 / December / 2011, 02:32:06 »
Advertisements
The general idea to unscramble it is to load every frame (maybe in 422-jpg), convert it to plain RGB data and then encode it with a different pitch.

In memory, they are stored like this:

Code: [Select]
[ a b c
  d e f
  g h i ] => [a b c d e f g h i]

That would be with a pitch of 3. If we change it to 4, we'll get:
Code: [Select]
a b c d
e f g h

I guess this needs to be done in RGB colorspace. But I don't think the results will be nice, especially due to 420 sampling which happens after scrambling. The compressor will "see" a lot of false detail, which will force a low quality factor.
so you can adjust the pitch in the 422-jpg to, is that what the *2 is at the end of each size format, would you be tweaking the 2 to a new pitch for the resolution till it is correct? And also, I do you capture it to 422 just take a silent picture while record zooming or would u have to have a special code to capture them?
And could u tell me what exactly would i adjust in the code if i come up with new addresses and pitches to test, I have been playing with the vram 4 dumps and would like to test some of my findings?

« Reply #2101 on: 15 / December / 2011, 04:05:15 »
If anyone wants to examine the 5x5, of coarse photo bucket does not allow full size upload, but here it is, maybe someone can figure out what is wrong, i purposly made the segments seperated with a -3,-3 setting in the script so you can see where the ends of each image is and how the words on the cd cases would still not line up even if they were brought together, and also you can tell even if you overlapped them to try to line say the top parts of the cd case text, the lower half would get screwed up, plus theres missing data, the very bottom of the cases are not even in the segments????? what am i missing, i changed everything in shoot.c  from 1024x680 to 944x632 and also in the 422 convert script, and also set my sens x and y to 5x of 944x632 in const.h????
Download full size:  http://www.mediafire.com/i/?cpbojilwc4pw8gp

[/URL]
« Last Edit: 15 / December / 2011, 04:52:10 by mk11174 »

Offline Gary

« Reply #2102 on: 15 / December / 2011, 14:20:31 »
I'm working on it.  I've got a job too!  Chdk was down most of today for me.

« Reply #2103 on: 15 / December / 2011, 14:27:07 »
I'm working on it.  I've got a job too!  Chdk was down most of today for me.
Its cool, I am also playing with it, but just doesnt want to get rid of those scanline looking things, hopefully one of us figure it out, lol.

« Reply #2104 on: 15 / December / 2011, 15:29:27 »
My crude measurement of the full-size version amounted to needing a shift of 65px to the right for the first column, and 75px up for row 2.

« Reply #2105 on: 15 / December / 2011, 15:33:16 »
My crude measurement of the full-size version amounted to needing a shift of 65px to the right for the first column, and 75px up for row 2.
Yeah, thats is what I dont understand, it seems adjustments are made equally ever segment shifts with the adjstments, it dont seem like you can just shift a certain section by itself 8[

Offline Gary

« Reply #2106 on: 15 / December / 2011, 15:33:35 »
Got most of them to line up.  There is missing data between Column 3,4.  Also between Row 3,4.  Not sure why this is the only place.  Looks like you have to change ML again.  About 100 pixels is missing.  Maybe only 80 on the X axis.  If you could shift Columns 4 and 5 to the left by 100 pixels I'm sure I could fix it.  When those 2 columns are exposed they need to be more to the left.  As if you were aiming the camera left.  Columns 4,5 are aligned with each other, but not 1-3.

Same with Rows, but let's concentrate on columns only first to test it out.

« Reply #2107 on: 15 / December / 2011, 15:37:50 »
Got most of them to line up.  There is missing data between Column 3,4.  Also between Row 3,4.  Not sure why this is the only place.  Looks like you have to change ML again.  About 100 pixels is missing.  Maybe only 80 on the X axis.  If you could shift Columns 4 and 5 to the left by 100 pixels I'm sure I could fix it.  When those 2 columns are exposed they need to be more to the left.  As if you were aiming the camera left.  Columns 4,5 are aligned with each other, but not 1-3.

Same with Rows, but let's concentrate on columns only first to test it out.

yeah, i have missing data in my images as well, like the bottom of the cd cases are not there at all, I dont see any settings that adjust separate columns are segments, ill keep trying to mess with ml cause it has to be something with that rather than converter

Offline Gary

« Reply #2108 on: 15 / December / 2011, 15:44:12 »
I know how to move the columns separately.  The trick is not cropping them all the same, but moving them instead.  If you can get all the data there, I will move them to line up.  But please don't change 1-3, as they are easy to align.  Also 4-5 are in line with each other already.  I just can't fill in the missing data between 3-4.  Try to fix columns first, then we'll deal with rows.

Using a crop of 0,0 you can see there is no data missing between the other columns.
Just extra duplicate overlap between 1,2.
Make 3,4 look like that.
« Last Edit: 15 / December / 2011, 15:52:00 by Gary »

« Reply #2109 on: 15 / December / 2011, 19:33:51 »
anyone know what code in the 422 script will print each sub picture to its only file, i see a debug one in there but it only does it if its got wrong number of pictures????