500d development - page 212 - DSLR Hack development - CHDK Forum

500d development

• 2487 Replies
Re: 500d development
« Reply #2110 on: 16 / December / 2011, 04:23:54 »
Advertisements
I made myself a little test zebra pattern to use as my test image to try to figure out what exactly is really going on, and this sure tells the whole story!!! This is all standard settings everything at 944x632 and the cx cy set to 0 to connect everything to see what is left once all segments are put together, pretty interesting to see the end result. Its pretty ugly thats for sure but it tells the story thats for sure.
Full size link : http://www.mediafire.com/i/?6gtx3ejcxdc9q36

[/URL]

Offline Gary

« Reply #2111 on: 16 / December / 2011, 10:53:32 »
It's not as bad as you think.  The problem between cols 1,2 is easy to fix.  After that the rest are trivial.  Except for the missing data between 3,4.  It will be easy for me to fix that no matter how much they overlap.  But there's nothing I can do when it's missing.  See my picture.

Is there a way you can manually move them left?  With an if statement.

« Reply #2112 on: 16 / December / 2011, 15:14:35 »
It's not as bad as you think.  The problem between cols 1,2 is easy to fix.  After that the rest are trivial.  Except for the missing data between 3,4.  It will be easy for me to fix that no matter how much they overlap.  But there's nothing I can do when it's missing.  See my picture.

Is there a way you can manually move them left?  With an if statement.
I wish it was as simple as moving each section around or getting data back but theres really not much to adjust in the code, pretty much just a crop and size res of 1 segment and that controls all segments, i was able to get a print out of all segments by themselve and al the data is there before its put together, but nothing ever lines up, I even took out alot of extras in it and made it a bit more simplier to tweak just to try to figure out the right numbers to punch in, but just when you think you have it right it looks even worse. i have tweaked both ml and 422 script back and forth each time i change something and nothing is ever perfect, really strange but ill keep trying, looks like i just need to get the right resolution for each segment for 5 to go across and 5 to go down, 944x632 is the correct res for zoom to work unscrambled but its not the right number to fit across and down the screen evenely i guess.

Offline Gary

« Reply #2113 on: 16 / December / 2011, 16:46:56 »
Please trust that I can move the rows and columns independently.  My image above is attached without editing, directly from the python script.  All you need to do is make sure there is no data missing.  I will do the rest.  It would be great if you can do this without changing Cols 1-3.  One step at a time.  Let's start by fixing Cols only, later we'll get to rows.  Don't change the resolution of each image.  Change where the left corner is.  Try moving Col 4 only.  I have looked at the ML code a few weeks ago.  Should I start working on it?

« Reply #2114 on: 16 / December / 2011, 17:09:05 »
Please trust that I can move the rows and columns independently.  My image above is attached without editing, directly from the python script.  All you need to do is make sure there is no data missing.  I will do the rest.  It would be great if you can do this without changing Cols 1-3.  One step at a time.  Let's start by fixing Cols only, later we'll get to rows.  Don't change the resolution of each image.  Change where the left corner is.  Try moving Col 4 only.  I have looked at the ML code a few weeks ago.  Should I start working on it?
Oh, its not that I dont think you can fix it, but what I mean, theres no part of the code to adjust just a column or row, its just basical a box of a width and hieght that moves across the screen and down of coarse thats set with 1 resolution and it has to be exactly 5x less then the actual res of the sensor i guess to make it work, unless i am wrong, but theres not much to that part of the code, it seems pretty basic in that area, its just 1 setting so if you tweak it a few pixels all images segments will be rearanged again, maybe if u want to study the shoot.c file maybe if you cant compile it, since i can, ill be glad to try any figures you want. Alex is probably giggling at us, hes such a wiz i bet he knows exactly what to do but is probably trying to make us work at it, cause actually it does help you learn if you dont get everything handed to you, but hints are nice sometimes and he did give us some about the sensor res and sweep silent pic, that dude is smart man, dont know how he figures all this stuff out.

« Reply #2115 on: 16 / December / 2011, 23:35:54 »
I think I am finally on the right track, just tweaking little by little till it all lines up

Ok, it seems everything up to 4x5 is fine, for some reason 5x5 wont workout, maybe its not the right shape for the sensor res, but at least 4x5 looks nice, just make sure you use tripod and lock the exposure so differ exposures during scan dont make the individual segments show up, it seems to look just fine though especially if you tripod it and set everything manually. 8]

Autoexec.bin : http://www.mediafire.com/file/1rgli0aarcjgyao/autoexec.bin

422 script to work with it : http://www.mediafire.com/file/z16uddnz2esz6z1/422-jpg.py

Fullsize Image: http://www.mediafire.com/i/?p34wn3bq2xayki8

4x5
« Last Edit: 17 / December / 2011, 11:47:31 by mk11174 »

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #2116 on: 18 / December / 2011, 05:19:44 »
I have something for you (credits goto g3gg0):

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/changeset/446753f3cf46

« Reply #2117 on: 18 / December / 2011, 05:34:26 »
I have something for you (credits goto g3gg0):

https://bitbucket.org/hudson/magic-lantern/changeset/446753f3cf46
DUDE!!! THAT IS AWSOME!!!!! Thanku, I will have to test it out right away

WOW!!!!! WORKS LIKE A CHARM  VERY COOOL, I will email g3gg0
« Last Edit: 18 / December / 2011, 05:53:09 by mk11174 »

Offline a1ex

• ML dev
« Reply #2118 on: 18 / December / 2011, 06:18:14 »
Great!

Can you tell me the safe limits for FPS?

« Reply #2119 on: 18 / December / 2011, 06:24:52 »
Great!

Can you tell me the safe limits for FPS?
it starts at 30 i can go down to 4 and up to 60 in all modes but 1920x1080 higher then 50 flickers funny all colored.

correct that, i accidently pressed my zoom menu button i made under it, it actually goes to 50 while zoomed in, but only 40 none zoomed while in full hd mode, it goes higher but starts pausing after 40 so i back it of and it continues fine.
« Last Edit: 18 / December / 2011, 06:29:12 by mk11174 »