Intervalometer that doesn't change focus setting - Script Writing - CHDK Forum  

Intervalometer that doesn't change focus setting

• 3 Replies
Intervalometer that doesn't change focus setting
« on: 26 / March / 2012, 22:46:25 »
Advertisements
I've used some of the intervalometer scripts found on the wiki, but they all change the focus setting. I set the camera to manual focus and then with CHDK to hyperfocal distance. The inervalometer scripts change the focus distance to infinity. Is there a way to modify the scripts to not change the focus setting or to use the hyperfocal distance?

I'm using CHDK with a A590 IS.

Offline SkyWalker9

• SX20 IS (fw 1.02b)
Re: Intervalometer that doesn't change focus setting
« Reply #1 on: 27 / March / 2012, 00:04:47 »
I've used some of the intervalometer scripts found on the wiki, but they all change the focus setting. I set the camera to manual focus and then with CHDK to hyperfocal distance. The inervalometer scripts change the focus distance to infinity. Is there a way to modify the scripts to not change the focus setting or to use the hyperfocal distance?

I'm using CHDK with a A590 IS.
Like most of the scripts, there are no statements in the Selective Intervalometer script to specifically change the focus of the camera. I suspect what you are exeriencing is that the camera is just operating as it would normally and focusing when needed. However, code can easily be added to a script to instruct the camera to keep the current focus or to set a specific focus point. Here is a similar posting in the Selective Intervalometer script posting: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=6105.msg83162#msg83162

« Reply #2 on: 27 / March / 2012, 01:30:25 »
Thanks SkyWalker9,
It looks like the "Add a set_aflock 1 to the start of the script ..." might be what I'm looking for.

Nope that didn't work either.

Weird... if I set  MF distance to hyperfocal distance (based on f /stop and zoom focal-length) then shoot by pressing the shutter button the exif data shows the subject distance of 1.6. Then if I set the focus to hyperfocal distance and run an intervalometer script the subject distance listed in the exif data shows 64.4 (same as infinity). There is a very noticeable difference in the sharpness of the images. The hyperfocal distance being superior.

I went back and looked in the manual and it said "Remember to exit <ALT> mode to shoot pictures with these adjustments applied."
« Last Edit: 27 / March / 2012, 13:30:00 by bisenberger »

« Reply #3 on: 21 / June / 2012, 15:03:12 »
Hi bisenberger,

I had this problem as well, and created a variant of the ultra intervalometer script that works for my A720 IS:

http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=8237

I'm not positive, but I think it's the difference between the shoot command and the click "shoot_full" command.