Canon M10 support - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Canon M10 support

• 3 Replies
Canon M10 support
« on: 10 / October / 2019, 08:29:35 »
Advertisements
Hello everyone,

Since my manual search brought me nothing (granted, me not being English native speaker I might have worded it wrong) here it goes.

I found the m10 dump thread, so I guess there is something that works with the m10.

Here my thing:
I need something to deactivate the "lcd auto off" time. The highest I can set it to is 3 minutes.
I found how I can deactivate the "auto camera off" although I don't know if it wont still shut down after 30 minutes, since I could not test it.

Can I do this with CHDK, can someone point me in the right direction?

Re: Canon M10 support
« Reply #1 on: 10 / October / 2019, 10:47:05 »
There is a CHDK Development version for M10 that can be installed with CHIMP 0.9.6 (if you're a Windows user).

When you get to the Action step, select "Install CHDK Development".

Once you got CHDK up and running, look for "Disable LCD Off" (the options are Never, Alt, Script, and Always).
Author of CHIMP, Canon Hack Installation and Management Platform

« Reply #2 on: 12 / October / 2019, 12:20:47 »
There is a CHDK Development version for M10 that can be installed with CHIMP 0.9.6 (if you're a Windows user).

When you get to the Action step, select "Install CHDK Development".

Once you got CHDK up and running, look for "Disable LCD Off" (the options are Never, Alt, Script, and Always).

Thank you, after some derping of myself I got it to run.

Now, for future things:
Since the bootable SD card needs to be locked, how do I make pictures when I have this in? :)

I also found the setting for the Display ... in the German Version it just show general Powersave not Display specifically btw.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #3 on: 12 / October / 2019, 15:03:37 »
Since the bootable SD card needs to be locked, how do I make pictures when I have this in? :)
Just shoot pictures. The SD lock does not actually lock anything on the card, it's just a piece of plastic. CHDK hides the state of the lock detect switch from the Canon firmware.
Don't forget what the H stands for.