CHDK SX1 Dual Partitioned SDHC Results in Memory Card Error - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum  

CHDK SX1 Dual Partitioned SDHC Results in Memory Card Error

• 4 Replies
Advertisements
Hey all.

I stumbled across CHDK yesterday, and after going through all its features, I decided to give it a run.

I have a Canon SX1 IS camera, firmware 201a, and an 8GB SDHC

I tried both the ACID and Stick programs to help set up the SD card (partition, bootable, etc), and both times, when I powered on my camera, resulted in a memory card error. However, CHDK seemed to load itself, as when the camera powered on, there were details (firmware, build, camera), and the ALT mode also worked, but none of CHDK's functions worked (not to mention the incessant memory card error notice).

What did I do wrong, and how do I fix it?

I appreciate your help in advance, thanks. :)

- Richard.

Offline zeno

Re: CHDK SX1 Dual Partitioned SDHC Results in Memory Card Error
« Reply #1 on: 31 / July / 2013, 13:25:04 »
Hi Richard

I don't have an SX1 but STICK deals with 8Gb cards OK for me (under Windows as well as OSX). But here are some things to test.

If you unlock the card do you still get memory error when you switch the camera on?

Does Windows let you access the card (the small partition) without problems?

If you switch partitions (using my WASP app http://www.zenoshrdlu.com/wasp/wasp.html) does Windows let you view the large partition?

Dave

A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #2 on: 31 / July / 2013, 14:01:53 »
Hi Dave,

When I unlock the card, it functions normally.

Windows does let me access the small partition w/out problems.

No, I can't view the large partition on Windows using WASP. I've also tried to switch partitions using SDMinste, to no avail.

Thanks,
Richard.

Offline zeno

« Reply #3 on: 31 / July / 2013, 15:25:11 »
Richard

I can only suggest that you reformat the card (in the camera, using the Canon menu option) and then try running STICK again. Beofe you do that edit the STICK properties file (using Notepad) to add the line
  debug=yes
and then after running STICK email the logfile (sticklog.txt) you'll find in the same folder to me:
  daveATzenoshrdlu.com

There may be a clue in the log as to what's going wrong.

Dave
A570, S100, Ixus 127
Author of ASSIST, STICK, WASP, ACID, SDMInst, LICKS, WICKS, MacBoot, UBDB, CFGEdit

« Reply #4 on: 31 / July / 2013, 15:56:19 »
Dave,

I emailed you.

I'll also reproduce the log in the attached file.

Thanks,
Richard