CHDK in the media - General Chat - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Poll

CHDK & it's Fame

Hire a PR dude, create adverts & merchandise - CHDK shall be known everywhere
3 (2.9%)
let "big" magazines/websites get to know chdk (e.g. by email)
11 (10.5%)
spam fora, blogs, comments
3 (2.9%)
Word of mouth!
28 (26.7%)
i like my small community, let's keep it clean and simple
60 (57.1%)

Total Members Voted: 93

CHDK in the media

• 160 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
CHDK in the media
« on: 10 / February / 2008, 18:54:34 »
Advertisements
seeing all this attention chdk got during the last months, why not opening a thread we collect those media samples in.
i will first start by gathering the stuff we already know and also supplying some new links (i found by short googling up chdk).
there also can be different categories like flaming/blaming of chdk (that will be envious people mostly :D,praising of chdk, information about chdk, random ramblings about chdk, fansites dedicated to chdk, sites with images produced with the help of chdk (found a lot of sites in this category) and so on...

What would you like to know about CHDK as a newbe if you obtain an interview?... - interview with the chdk devs, english :)
CHDK article in Feb. 2008 Popular Science issue! - chdk article in popular science magazine (link inside)
Podcast with an interview about CHDK - grAnd (chdk dev) in an interview about chdk in tips from the top floor

Create Digital Motion » CHDK Powershot Firmware Allows High Speed Photography on the Cheap even using a picture right off this very forum, english
Linux.com :: How to give your low-end Canon digital camera RAW support small article, english
http://blog.wired.com/gadgets/2007/09/add-features-to.html - WIRED! magazine! english
http://www.engadget.com/2007/09/11/canon-firmware-hack-unlocks-features-on-digic-ii-based-cameras/ small article,english

http://www.tikirobot.net/wp/tag/chdk/ - samples of timelapse movies
http://www.chdk.dk/ - pictures of hot skinny girls baring it all,taken by chdkenabled cams (obviously, of course) - okay, i'm joking here, but it was so tempting!

come to think of it, this should belong in the wiki, right? hm.

edit: CHDK now on Twitter! I am gathering news regarding chdk there, also regarding other hacks (dslr) and photography stuff in general. follow the CHDKnews tweets here. i might also consider handing out the login details if anyone is interested in helping gathering that stuff. i try to update the "tweets" every once in a while. it's for those who dont wanna check the forum, the bugtracker, the chat, the wiki and the changelog ;)
« Last Edit: 05 / July / 2009, 09:24:42 by PhyrePhoX »

Re: CHDK in the media
« Reply #1 on: 10 / February / 2008, 19:30:31 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:38:20 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #2 on: 11 / February / 2008, 02:08:37 »
CHDK Developer.

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX

« Reply #4 on: 11 / February / 2008, 20:28:00 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 11:38:43 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline rhen84

• A720IS
« Reply #5 on: 26 / February / 2008, 10:00:12 »
I will make a hungarian chdk site and I want to ask you that It is allowed to use the chdk logo on the site?

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #6 on: 26 / February / 2008, 11:17:40 »
i guess as long as you don't make a million bucks with your website, why not? i dont own the rights to the logo though.
by the way here's a thread about it (the logo): CHDK logo in vector format? (in case you havent seen yet).

Offline rhen84

• A720IS
« Reply #7 on: 26 / February / 2008, 11:25:41 »
Thanks for your answer.

I search for the logo contest on wikia, but not found anything. But I have forgotten to search on the forum.  :-[

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #8 on: 26 / February / 2008, 12:52:34 »
maybe it is better if we have subforums for all other languages instead of different websites about chdk in different locations and countries? hm.

Offline rhen84

• A720IS
« Reply #9 on: 26 / February / 2008, 12:58:42 »
maybe it is better if we have subforums for all other languages instead of different websites about chdk in different locations and countries? hm.

I've start translating chdk wiki pages. Is the wiki has multilanguage support? In this case will be better if I upload the article there instead of other website.