Making a card bootable - Hello, I'm a NEWBIE - HELP!! (Newbies assistance, User Guides and thank you notes) - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

Making a card bootable

• 2 Replies
Making a card bootable
« on: 24 / May / 2013, 11:16:29 »
Advertisements
Canon G12
GM 1.00G
Kingston SDHC card FAT 32 4GB

Hi all,

Although not a CHDK newbie altogether it's a long time since I installed it but I've had a replacement G12 and I'm struggling to make the card bootable to retain the settings (I really couldn't face setting it up every time I need to use it).

I've tried making the card bootable from the CHDK menu and also by using EOScard. It looks as though everything's done as it should but it will not remember the firmware update when I next turn the camera on and sliding the lock on the card just leads to 'Memory Card Locked' error displays.

I've been battling with this for a couple of hours now and tried re-formatting, copying CHDK files over and setting up over and over again. When I carry out the Firmware update on the cam,era everything's functioning as it should but can I make it stick? Can I hell!

Any advice will be gratefully received at this point.

Thanks,

Andy

Offline srsa_4c

Re: Making a card bootable
« Reply #1 on: 24 / May / 2013, 12:03:30 »
FAT 32 4GB
The G12 can't boot from a card partition with FAT32. Format it to FAT16 instead (the camera's built-in formatter utility will probably choose FAT32, so do it on a computer).

Re: Making a card bootable
« Reply #2 on: 24 / May / 2013, 12:16:11 »
Thank you srsa!

Worked first time as FAT16. :)