Canon SX200IS and video shutter and exposure control - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum

Canon SX200IS and video shutter and exposure control

• 1 Replies
Canon SX200IS and video shutter and exposure control
« on: 22 / June / 2010, 12:56:40 »
Advertisements
I'm looking at this camera. I recently got the Canon sx210 but found CHDK didn't support it, so I'm looking at getting a used or refurbished SX200IS. I'm primarily thinking about this because of the CCD sensor. I need CCD rather than CMOS for my application, and the 720P 30P video. When using the stock Canon SX210, I found the video control to be, 'what the camera decides is what you get."

I would like to have manual control over video bitrate, (I think this is a feature of CHDK), shutter speed and aperture. Does anybody know if CHDK supports these features on the SX200IS? Or if there is some workaround in these parameters for these cameras? Thanks much for any help!

Offline reyalp

Re: Canon SX200IS and video shutter and exposure control
« Reply #1 on: 22 / June / 2010, 20:22:40 »
Chdk supports compression control on most cameras. On newer models like sx200 there is only a quality setting, not bit rate. Chdk doesn't support shutter speed or aperture controls  on any camera in video mode. Afaik The required reverse engineering has not been done, and no one is working on it.
Don't forget what the H stands for.