yet another personal build (archive) - page 11 - CHDK Releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

yet another personal build (archive)

• 117 Replies

Offline PhyrePhoX

• make RAW not WAR
    • PhyreWorX
« Reply #100 on: 02 / June / 2008, 01:16:07 »
Advertisements
Hi Jucifer,
I have added remote without script to my own builds for s3is, with options "Off, On, Script". Attached its the trunk 407 diff for that code. It is very simple and would probably work on all cams supporting remote, although have to be somewhat adapted for each cam. I saw you would like to add that function so I thought to share this idea (I found it in DataGhost's s5is code. Thank's DataGhost!)

dont wanna be offtopic here, but can you try to add a 4th option to the usb menu, fingalo? like in #27 as i suggested in here. the one option lacking is the "both", meaning usb shutter can be used both in script and "non-script" situations. anyhow, this isnt as important of course! would be nice adding this for all cameras and also put it into trunk, although jucifers build is okay with me too ;)
oh and one other thing, this should be fairly easy: adding an icon indicating USB mode (for those times you want to connect cam to pc and forget to deactivate usb detection, you can see it on the osd).
quick question, if you set the usb option in your personal s3is build to "script", does the cam connect to pc when not in script and in playback mode? that'd be great.
hm, never tried to connect an SDM build to the PC, does that work actually?

ps: just noticed, this thread was Read 6742 times - way to go jucifer :)

sorry for offtopic, maybe we should open a new thread regarding the usb shutter activation!?

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #101 on: 02 / June / 2008, 06:59:36 »
Psychokitty, those were only examples. It is that easy.

fingalo, I didn't try your patch yet, but it triggers SHOOT_FULL (or other key) when power on USB is detected(, right?)
I'd really like it to behave as in SDM; being able to use two buttons.

I'm planning to use the USB remote routines from SDM and perhaps modify them a bit. If I'm capable of doing any of that at all. :]

Don't know about the new thread.

(top 10 topics (by views) (and by replies), here we come! :])

Offline fudgey

• a570is
« Reply #102 on: 02 / June / 2008, 14:06:12 »
I'm planning to use the USB remote routines from SDM and perhaps modify them a bit. If I'm capable of doing any of that at all. :]

I hope we'll be getting the fast USB supply falling edge reaction time from SDM?

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #103 on: 02 / June / 2008, 14:14:49 »
I hope we'll be getting the fast USB supply falling edge reaction time from SDM?

That's the plan.

edit:
Got it working on A710.
Still have to add for other cams.
And a couple of menu entries.
Getting a bit late.
« Last Edit: 02 / June / 2008, 15:47:23 by Jucifer »

« Reply #104 on: 03 / June / 2008, 02:40:37 »
Hi Jucifer,

I hope you can help me out; I wanted to get vine's bracketing series script

Bracketing series (for example for timelapse HDR)

to work using the get_exp_count command, so I installed your latest experimental build, modified vine's script a wee bit, and was able to kind of get it to work.  Here's the modified script:

Code: [Select]
@title Bracketing series by vine (modified by RawheaD)
@param a Number of shoots per take
@default a 3
@param b Seconds between takes
@default b 5
@param c Number of takes
@default c 50

for i=1 to c
x=get_exp_count
y=x+a
press "shoot_half"
sleep 2000
press "shoot_full"
do
z=get_exp_count
until z=y
release "shoot_full"
release "shoot_half"
print "Take",i,"done"
sleep b*1000
next i
end

The idea is to take a series of bracketed shots to create an HDR time lapse movie.  The settings are:

Continuous Mode
Bracketing in Continuous Mode -> Tv bracketing [1 ev]

Everything appears to work until it gets to around the 90th shot.  Suddenly, it stops counting the bracket shots, and will go into a never ending loop of constantly lower/higher exposures.  Like this:

0, +1, -1 . . . 0, +1, -1 . . . 0, +1, -1 . . . 0, +1, -1, +2, -2, +3, -3, +4, -4 etc.

Interestingly, this doesn't have to do with the number of cycles but the number of photos taken; so, if I set the script to take 3 bracket shots per cycle, then it goes bonkers after it finishes its 29 cycle (Take 29), but when I set it to take 5 bracket shots per cycle, then it goes wild after the 18th Take.

Since the script seems to be working perfectly until that happens, I have a feeling it has to do with the get_exp_count command.  Any ideas?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Using Canon PowerShot A620 & A560

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #105 on: 03 / June / 2008, 09:06:36 »
« Last Edit: 03 / June / 2008, 09:13:45 by Jucifer »

« Reply #106 on: 03 / June / 2008, 09:18:05 »
Hi Jucifer, thanks for the reply. fbonomi inquired about the trouble I'm having over at

Bracketing series (for example for timelapse HDR)

this thread, so I have some info there.  Basically, after 90 shots are taken, get_exp_count *both* jumps (ahead by 16,387 or thereabouts) *and* freezes (doesn't increase as the shots are taken).

I'll see if the first aid would work.

« Reply #107 on: 03 / June / 2008, 09:29:15 »
All right, here's the result.  I simply used

until z>=y

this instead, and as you'd expect, the 19th cycle (i.e., the 91st shot) ended in just one shot, because z was way larger than y.  Good news is that with the 20th cycle, the script continued to go as expected, with both z and y reset to the much higher number.

This is workable for me, because I know that all I need to do is to remove every 91st shot before I batch process the images.

In the mean time, I would greatly appreciate it if you can look into the issue.  I will also try your script and see what happens, and get back to you.

« Reply #108 on: 03 / June / 2008, 10:18:08 »
Little update. It turns out the problematic shot *isn't* always the 91st shot.

With the band-aided script, I ran a test of 100 cycles of 5 shot brackets, and the following were the problem areas (i.e., the Solo shot taken whenever Z went way high):

Shot #86, #187, #288, and #384

So at first it looked like the problem was going to be every 100 shots after the first one, but the 4th one threw that off as well.  I don't know what, if any, the pattern is here...

Offline Jucifer

• [A710IS]
« Reply #109 on: 05 / June / 2008, 06:45:41 »
updated the e-build

changelog for 080604:
- get_exp_count now returns the (up to) 4-digit number as in the last file saved by cam. This behavior may be pretty much final, unless a better counter is found for every cam. NOTE: when scripting using get_exp_count, the possible counter reset should be taken into account.
(might be something along these lines:)
T=get_exp_count+N
if T>9999 then T=T-9999
press "shoot_half"
press "shoot_full"
do
until get_exp_count=T
release "shoot_full"

I noticed a dramatic speed decrease when taking shots in continuous mode with scripts, especially uBASIC. I'll have to look into this.
« Last Edit: 05 / June / 2008, 07:35:55 by Jucifer »