KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script - page 93 - Completed and Working Scripts - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script

• 1068 Replies

airfix4

Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #920 on: 20 / December / 2016, 13:50:20 »
Advertisements
Thanks. Here it is.
Ummm .. the most recent entry in that log file is from Sept 29 2016?  Which suggests these possibilities :

• the time is set incorrectly in your camera?
  • you accidentally (or purposely?) disabled the script log function using the script parameter choices in the CHDK Script menu?
  • you did not get this log from the card that was actually in your camera when you saw the double exposures?

In any case, that log file does not have any shooting information so it's not going to be any help.  I was really hoping to see what the log said about the script options you selected and to see the very detailed information it keeps about each shot.

If we can't solve this,  you will probably need to get a new log by doing another shooting run so that I can see what's happening.

Best I can offer.  Sorry.

Thanks waterwingz. I have several cameras. Here is another log file with more detail.

« Reply #921 on: 20 / December / 2016, 19:48:38 »
I have several cameras. Here is another log file with more detail.
That's better - thanks for posting that.  I now understand what is happening. 

This issue has come up before. Rather than repeat myself, please read this post :
https://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=10822.msg127196#msg127196

What it says is that when shooting with USB Shot Control [ Pixhawk ] and Shot Interval [ Burst ] ,  the camera expects to shoot many shots in a row really quickly (1 fps or faster).  When shooting stops, an extra shot is triggered as a side effect of using the burst shooting mode.

In your case, your pixhawk is not trying to shoot quickly. It seems to be triggering a shot every 10 seconds.  Unfortunately, you are shooting in Burst mode and the script will "timeout" after five seconds of no activity in that mode - triggering the extra shot.

You have two choices to correct this :

1. edit the script to lengthen the timeout interval to 15 seconds
  or
2. switch Shot Interval [ Burst ] to Shot Interval [ Fast ]

As long as you don't plan to shoot faster than once every two seconds,  the second choice is easier.  And it will also cause the camera to refocus and reset the exposure before each shot.

« Last Edit: 20 / December / 2016, 20:10:23 by waterwingz »
Ported :   A1200    SD940   G10    Powershot N    G16

airfix4

« Reply #922 on: 20 / December / 2016, 20:13:04 »
Thanks a ton, waterwingz.  I'll give it a try. Completely appreciate your knowledge, support and responsiveness.

Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script: General Questions
« Reply #923 on: 15 / January / 2017, 18:00:17 »
Hello dear mapping community,
since this is my first post - a little about me and my project using CHDK/KAP script:
I am working in the agricultural world and I am doing some NDVI analysis and some Mapping in RGB only wavelength.
My platforms are a quadrocopter and a hexacopter running arducopter (Pixhawk). For regular mapping I use a Canon S100 connected with a DIY shutter cable build from this manual (it works great) http://ardupilot.org/copter/docs/common-apm-to-chdk-camera-link-tutorial.html (I am using the setting USB shot controll=2)
So triggering from the pixhawk every 5-10 seconds work, but I want to fly a mission with triggering directly from the script to generate more pictures (everything the S100 could achieve), so here are my questions:

1) I tried the "turn display off" setting but it dos not work. When I have the script triggered from USB or when I have the script on "every 10 seconds", after the first picture the display stays off, but the second picture will turn the display on again and it stays like this. Can this be fixed somehow?

2)Since I want to use the script to trigger a picture after 5-10 seconds I want to geotag the pictures using a photodiode as mentioned in the posts before. I tried some settings and the shot-sync-led: 10 will make the front led to light up 3 seconds after every shot.
Is there any manual how to build a cable for the pixhawk's digital input using a photodiode - I could not find anything?

BR,

Lorenz

Re: KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script: General Questions
« Reply #924 on: 15 / January / 2017, 18:15:20 »
1) I tried the "turn display off" setting but it dos not work. When I have the script triggered from USB or when I have the script on "every 10 seconds", after the first picture the display stays off, but the second picture will turn the display on again and it stays like this. Can this be fixed somehow?
I don't have my S100 handy right now but the code has been extensively tested with that camera so I'm very sure the display off function works.  And I just tested this on my G10 and it works as expected there too.

My guess is that you have Shot Review enabled in the Canon menu?  If so, you'll need to turn that off.

2)Since I want to use the script to trigger a picture after 5-10 seconds I want to geotag the pictures using a photodiode as mentioned in the posts before. I tried some settings and the shot-sync-led: 10 will make the front led to light up 3 seconds after every shot.
Is there any manual how to build a cable for the pixhawk's digital input using a photodiode - I could not find anything.
FWIW, the S100 can shoot at two frames a second continuously using the kap_uav.lua script.   And as it happens, there is currently an active thread here on the forum discussing exactly what you are looking for :
 Canon SX260HS accurate geo-tagging .   
I probably should have asked a forum admin to merge that thread here.

« Reply #925 on: 15 / January / 2017, 19:02:34 »
Hello waterwingz,
thank you for the fast reply!

I will read the thread you pointed out and try my luck with the geo-tagging.

But I can not find the Setting Shot Review in the regular Canon menu - or is it within the CHDK menu?

« Reply #926 on: 15 / January / 2017, 19:11:29 »
But I can not find the Setting Shot Review in the regular Canon menu - or is it within the CHDK menu?
The Canon menu (the one you get when you press the Menu button) is different in shooting and playback modes.  You need to be in shooting mode (i.e. lens extended) and then look for this :

Set it to Off

Incidentally,  you can have the pixhawk send shooting signals to the camera (based on GPS position over the ground and your flight plan) and tag the actual shot based on the camera LED blinking at the pretty much exact moment the shutter opens. Lot's of discussion about that in this thread.  (Power user tip : click the Print option at the top of the page to get all the posts of a CHDK forun thread on a single searchable page).
« Last Edit: 15 / January / 2017, 19:13:55 by waterwingz »

Offline tokm

« Reply #927 on: 15 / March / 2017, 10:57:54 »
I'm using the latest version of the KAP script (I think 3.8) and I have two cameras, one being an A3400 and the other is an A4000.  When I set the USB Shot Control to Pixhawk (which is what I'm using), the camera trigger only works from the A4000.  The A3400 only seems to work when I set the USB Shot Control to OneShot.  Is the USB shot control for Pixhawk camera model specific?

KAP & UAV Exposure Control Intervalometer Script
« Reply #928 on: 15 / March / 2017, 12:29:08 »
Is the USB shot control for Pixhawk camera model specific?
There is nothing camera model specific in the script.  Most likely what is happening here is that you have the script configured differently or something in the Canon setup configured differently.  There is also a small chance of a bug in the CHDK port for your A3400.

The first step in figuring this out is to look at the script's log files. Please post the KAP.LOG file from both camera as attachments here.  You will find them in the top level folder of your SD cards..

Offline tokm

« Reply #929 on: 15 / March / 2017, 12:51:36 »
Is the USB shot control for Pixhawk camera model specific?
There is nothing camera model specific in the script.  Most likely what is happening here is that you have the script configured differently or something in the Canon setup configured differently.  There is also a small chance of a bug in the CHDK port for your A3400.

The first step in figuring this out is to look at the script's log files. Please post the KAP.LOG file from both camera as attachments here.  You will find them in the top level folder of your SD cards..

Here are two files.  The log from the A3400 configured to use USB Shot Control as OneShot and the A3400 configured to use USB Shot Control as Pixhawk.

The working config for the A4000 USB Shot Control Pixhawk will be in the next post since I can only attach 2 files at a time