copying files to card - General Help and Assistance on using CHDK stable releases - CHDK Forum supplierdeeply

copying files to card

• 6 Replies
copying files to card
« on: 21 / January / 2008, 20:28:13 »
Advertisements
I can't copy the BISKBOOT.BIN and PS.FIR files to my memory card.  An error keeps coming up saying "this device is not ready".  What does this mean and what do I need to do?

Re: copying files to card
« Reply #1 on: 22 / January / 2008, 01:50:11 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 09:50:01 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

« Reply #2 on: 22 / January / 2008, 14:23:16 »
I have an card reader on my cumputer.  I even tried the uploader.  When you use the uploader do you do save as or save?

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #3 on: 22 / January / 2008, 15:35:23 »
I can't copy the BISKBOOT.BIN and PS.FIR files to my memory card.  An error keeps coming up saying "this device is not ready".  What does this mean and what do I need to do?
Need more details...
Operating system?
Can any other files be copied to your card without an error?

When you use the uploader do you do save as or save?
What are talking about? Which "Save As" or "Save" do you mean? Did you read this?
CHDK Developer.

« Reply #4 on: 23 / January / 2008, 14:24:33 »
I can't put any files on the memory card.  I can only make new empty files.  Then I can't even delete the empty files. I have windows XP.  After I change the name of the file in the uploader and go to file in the menu bar do I save or save as.  Because I can't save it I can only save as.

« Reply #5 on: 24 / January / 2008, 01:11:11 »
Deleted
« Last Edit: 22 / April / 2008, 09:50:20 by Barney Fife »
[acseven/admin commented out: please refrain from more direct offensive language to any user. FW complaints to me] I felt it imperative to withdraw my TOTAL participation. Nobody has my permission, nor the right, to reinstate MY posts. Make-do with my quoted text in others' replies only. Bye

Offline GrAnd

• [A610, S3IS]
    • CHDK
« Reply #6 on: 24 / January / 2008, 14:37:24 »
I can't put any files on the memory card.  I can only make new empty files.  Then I can't even delete the empty files.
Ok. Try an another card-reader and/of SD-card.
CHDK Developer.