chdkptp - alternative ptp client - page 75 - General Discussion and Assistance - CHDK Forum
supplierdeeply

chdkptp - alternative ptp client

• 1106 Replies

Offline toby

Re: alternative ptp client
« Reply #740 on: 26 / October / 2014, 08:52:59 »
Advertisements
I have a Powershot A1100 IS. CHDK is a1100-100c-1.2.0-3659-full_BETA and CHDKPTP is chdkptp-r599-win32.
I have Win XP.

Yes youre right. If i turn off digitalzoom its now ok with the view.
But still i have to press shoothalf after changing to rec mode to actually be complete in rec mode. (Hardeware goes into recmode but software seems not. There is still the playmode display.)

AEL mode is set by shoothalf and up.

Offline srsa_4c

« Reply #741 on: 26 / October / 2014, 09:02:00 »
I have a Powershot A1100 IS. CHDK is a1100-100c-1.2.0-3659-full_BETA
Upgrade to CHDK 1.3 and try again.

edit: sorry, I assumed koshy and nafraf implemented the missing routines but didn't check for proof...  :-[
« Last Edit: 26 / October / 2014, 15:49:53 by srsa_4c »

Offline reyalp

« Reply #742 on: 26 / October / 2014, 15:46:17 »
But still i have to press shoothalf after changing to rec mode to actually be complete in rec mode. (Hardeware goes into recmode but software seems not. There is still the playmode display.)
I would guess this is just the UI not updating because the live view implementation is not complete.

AEL mode is set by shoothalf and up.
Physically on the camera or using lua? If use lua, what specific command?

Upgrade to CHDK 1.3 and try again.
It looks to me like vid_get_viewport_height_proper, vid_get_bitmap_active_palette, vid_get_bitmap_active_buffer and friends are not implemented in 1.3 for this camera, so probably no need. I'll try to come up with a test build if no one beats me to it.
« Last Edit: 26 / October / 2014, 19:04:31 by reyalp »
Don't forget what the H stands for.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #743 on: 26 / October / 2014, 19:11:44 »
I uploaded chdkptp snapshot release 658 to the files area https://www.assembla.com/spaces/chdkptp/documents

This is a minor update:
Linux x64 binaries are now built on Ubuntu 14.04, and include CLI and GUI executables.
Fixed the rsint "path" command bug reported by tpont.
Adds the "hold half shoot and press full" quick mode and interval mode to remote shoot.

Offline reyalp

« Reply #744 on: 26 / October / 2014, 23:55:39 »
@toby: I've posted a test build in the a1100 development thread: http://chdk.setepontos.com/index.php?topic=4727.msg117898#msg117898

please try it out and report back there.

Offline toby

« Reply #745 on: 30 / October / 2014, 13:41:58 »
I´m afraid to use any patches, and version that arent stable since my camera made some ugly noise while using chdkptp. It sounded like some gears went crazy and skipped some tooths.  :blink:

Offline reyalp

« Reply #746 on: 30 / October / 2014, 23:46:18 »
I´m afraid to use any patches, and version that arent stable since my camera made some ugly noise while using chdkptp. It sounded like some gears went crazy and skipped some tooths.  :blink:
Can you be more specific about what you were doing when it happened, and what chdk build you were using?

I've never seen or heard of anything like that before. If it's a previously unknown problem, there's no reason to think "stable" builds will be any safer than any other build.

The only times I've had scary mechanical noises from the cameras are when they crashed with the lens part way out.

edit:
koshy is testing the live view changes, so there's no need for you to.

Offline toby

« Reply #747 on: 31 / October / 2014, 02:36:50 »
Unfortunately i cant remember really what i was doing. I think just trying my script which has zoom, focus and shutter functions.

I could also be possible that some dirt has gotten into the gear, because this camera wasnt handled well. ( I bought it used, it had some dirt in it).

Offline reyalp

« Reply #748 on: 01 / November / 2014, 16:14:25 »
Unfortunately i cant remember really what i was doing. I think just trying my script which has zoom, focus and shutter functions.
OK, if your script was commanding things to move, this makes more sense. However, any risk would be related to what your script is doing, not chdkptp or whether the build was "unstable" or not.

Offline msl

• A720 IS, SX220 HS 1.01a
    • CHDK-DE links
« Reply #749 on: 16 / November / 2014, 05:19:05 »
Rev 659

I have added a library iniLib to save states. This library was provided by rudi. Thanks for that. ini files are stored in subfolder <chdkptp path>/data. If not available, this folder is created.

The user tab has a new function: Pic&Vid download. You can choose a target folder. Default is <chdkptp path>images. Pics and videos are stored in subfolders by date. As option you can download RAW/DNG files from A/RAW and GPS data files from A/DCIM/CANONMSC/GPS.  A third option 'pretend' is for the test. Destination and options are stored in an ini file <chdkptp path>/data/gui_user_cfg.ini .

msl
CHDK-DE:  CHDK-DE links